stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralOfficial "can I be regnomed" thread
Username: Password:
Page 1 2 3 4 5
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Tube
2003-10-05 13:05:58
That would be great, also for other teams within DPC.  Thx

I asked my teammates and by democratic voting we decide to go for the seccond solution: [DPC]NGS~Tube, and then the main team [DPC]NGS.
[This message was edited by Tube on 2003-Oct-05 at 21:20.]

[This message was edited by Tube on 2003-Oct-06 at 4:58.]
Stephen Brooks
2003-10-06 00:28:13
OK then, that's done.  Smile

It doesn't make any sense: that's why they call it "virtual"
Tube
2003-10-06 09:22:34
Thx Stephen
Merrick
2003-10-14 19:36:33
Mr.  Brooks,

when you've set up the Melbourne Uni team, can you change my name to Merrick[MU] ?

Thanks,
CSM
[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-11-01 07:37:01
Sorry for this Topic... It was intended to go into "Official 'can I be renamed' thread "
but the UI isn't working well... Feel free to move it in right place!

Regards

Sledge Cool Cool Cool
Stephen Brooks
2003-11-02 04:26:07
Will do this on Monday - the database is now on its bigger HDD at work, so I can't do renames at the weekends.

[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-11-02 11:28:08
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
Will do this on Monday - the database is now on its bigger HDD at work, so I can't do renames at the weekends.

No problem and thanks in advance Smile

Regards

Sledge Cool Cool Cool
Stephen Brooks
2003-11-03 00:52:04
1. I've moved Mr. Hammer's topic except for the first post into here.  For some reason this board doesn't let me move the first post of any topic, only delete it!  Anyway the thing you requested is done.

2. Yes, the UI on this board messes me around sometimes as well.  Doesn't help that InfoPoop's servers can be like treacle on some days.

3. I seem to have missed that Merrick[MU] re-name, but I've done that now.  (Though I wonder if Merrick has changed his user.txt to reflect the new name).

4. There's someone somewhere else who wanted their name changed... if I can find them

Crex
2003-11-25 10:08:51
Please rename me

"Crex [SwissTeam.NET]" to "Qnet [SwissTeam.NET]"

Thanx
[TA] D347h
2004-01-09 08:40:00
Hey Stephen, can you merge my acct ([TA]D347h) into [TA]Rebel Alliance ??  Thanks in advance !!

Join [TA]!
TA Forums | TA WebPage
[TA] D347h
2004-01-11 06:27:52
Stephen, when you will merge my acct into [TA]Rebel Alliance?  Can I expect you will do it next week?  Please...

Join [TA]!
TA Forums | TA WebPage
Stephen Brooks
2004-01-12 04:33:43
I've done it now.  Just had Friday off work, so had to wait until Monday to be able to rename people Smile

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
Ripper
2004-01-14 11:46:02
Stephen,

Would you prefer that we switch our computers over FIRST and then have you merge them, or give you the merge request and then change the computer info?  Reason I ask, I am not close to computers that will possibly send data to you, but can change the data at the computers next to me now.

I have been a member of US-Distributed for some time, and would like my stats put into the team.

My requested alias will be Ripper [US-Distributed]

Thanks

Iley A. Pullen

=============================
Solution Submission:

SELECT * FROM people WHERE clue > 0

Stephen Brooks
2004-01-15 06:52:47
I'd rather you changed your user.txt files over to the new name _first_ (so maybe you have results under 2 names for a brief period) and then ask me to change over the remaining results under the old name.  If you do it the other way around there is the risk I'll change your file over but some un-updated machine will submit results under the old name still.

For now I'll move your results over anyway.

[TA] D347h
2004-01-15 07:38:28
Thanks for merging accounts, Stephen!  Big Grin

TA is the best Big Grin

Join [TA]!
TA Forums | TA WebPage
SSvO
2004-01-15 20:48:10
Hi to anyone...

I'm new here, and i whant to create my own Group called [LUO-HQ]
please add me: [LUO-HQ]SSvO

Thx
Ripper
2004-01-16 18:48:59
Stephen,

I missed a system, as there is now a result for me that doesn't have the [US-Distributed] with my name.

I just checked all my systems, and there was one where i had forgotten to correct the user.txt file.

Please combine Ripper and Ripper [US-Distributed]. SORRY.  Now I know why you preferred that I wait until some new results were posted.

It should all be fixed now though.  Sorry for the added work.

Iley A. Pullen

Solution Submission:

Ripper
2004-01-25 04:48:23
Stephen,

Could you please merge the two accounts, Ripper and Ripper [US_Distributed] for me?  The computers are all set and have been updating the latter, so tehre is nothing new being sent to the USD version of my username.  Thank you.

Iley

Iley A. Pullen

Solution Submission:

Stephen Brooks
2004-01-25 09:18:48
Yes, I'll do that as soon as I'm not 3000 miles from the stats server.  Big Grin That'll be around February 1st.

S-Vampire
2004-01-26 06:12:39
quote:
Yes, I'll do that as soon as I'm not 3000 miles from the stats server.  Big Grin That'll be around February 1st.

and don't forget me Razz
could you please change my forum-nick-name from 'S-Vampire' to '[China] S-Vampire' ?
Thank you,and happy Monkey-Year(Chinese New Year) Big Grin

A high school boy from China.
Just Love DC(distributed computing)
Ripper
2004-01-26 07:22:48
Thanks, Stephen.

I knew you were on a trip, but wasn't sure of the time line.

Iley A. Pullen

Solution Submission:

Stephen Brooks
2004-01-28 18:28:27
In case you're wondering, yes, it _is_ odd that I can create new teams 'remotely' using just my website files, but can't rename/merge people.  It's because the latter is a database operation whereas the former is done only as a transformation of the stats data when I display stats afterwards.  Some day I might write a method to do re-names remotely, but don't hold your breath.  It'll come sooner if I end up being 'away' more often.

S-Vampire
2004-01-31 08:00:09
and excuse me stephen
I found [China DPAD Power]S-Vampire in "User Results SolenoidsTo15cm Tab-separated stats list",could you please rename it.([China]S-Vampire)
Thank you very much.

S-Vampire
2004-02-01 20:17:51
quote:
Originally posted by S-Vampire:
could you please rename it.([China]S-Vampire)

when you come back.  Smile

Stephen Brooks
2004-02-02 04:20:52
OK, done those (the changes should appear in about an hour).

S-Vampire
2004-02-02 05:51:22
quote:
OK, done those (the changes should appear in about an hour).

THX

netze
2004-02-13 15:45:40
Stephen,

Can you merge my old account Netze with my new account Netze[www.rechenkraft.net]?  Roll Eyes

Thanks in advance

Netze
Stephen Brooks
2004-02-14 15:15:59
Erm... you've asked on a weekend.  Big Grin So I'll do that on Monday.

netze
2004-02-15 02:21:37
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
Erm... you've asked on a weekend.  Big Grin So I'll do that on Monday.
[QUOTE]

Sorry Stephen Roll Eyes

Have Time to next Week

Netze
Stephen Brooks
2004-02-15 04:32:45
No need to apologise - I'm just explaining why it won't be instantly done Smile
The stats computer is in my office at work, which is inside a rather fierce firewall, meaning it's probably quite difficult to access it from here and do stuff.

Right, done that now.

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2004-Feb-16 at 9:31.]
netze
2004-02-16 02:43:58
quote:

Right, done that now.

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2004-Feb-16 at 9:31.]

its all ok

Thx Smile
[TA]BofBnT
2004-02-28 13:42:07
Stephen can you combine the following accounts?

[TA]reagancrw
[TA]BnT

Thanks.  I changing the name to BnT to support my fellows on BnTSmile
Stephen Brooks
2004-03-01 01:01:09
OK, done.

By 2050 the UK government plans to phase out nuclear power and get 60% of its power from wind turbines.  Really, REALLY big wind turbines.
[US-Distributed] SanderT
2004-03-07 07:21:59
Can you change SanderT to [US-Distributed] SanderT

Thank You
Rocko
2004-03-07 18:05:42
Can you merge [TAM]hades with hades, so all [TAM]hades results will be under hades?  I had originally created [TAM]hades in hopes of joining Team atomic milkshake (ars), but no longer wish to join a team.  I am active under hades, but not [TAM]hades.
Stephen Brooks
2004-03-08 02:00:11
I think those are all done now.

By 2050 the UK government plans to phase out nuclear power and get 60% of its power from wind turbines.  Really, REALLY big wind turbines.
[US-Distributed] Friends
2004-03-18 16:55:38
Please change [SG]Friends to Friends[US-Distributed]
[TA]r0tt3n1
2004-03-18 18:20:59
[]

[This message was edited by [TA]r0tt3n1 on 2004-Mar-19 at 00:53.]
[TA]r0tt3n1
2004-03-19 00:53:17
[]
Stephen Brooks
2004-03-19 02:42:07
Sent an e-mail to the original [SG]Friends' e-mail address to get confirmation of this switch over.

I can only say [] to [TA]r0tt3n1.
[TA]JonB
2004-03-20 10:42:02
Stephen, if I ever need to change teams, please leave my old MPts with my old team. 

ps, I work at a US nuclear power plant (Comanche Peak 1&2) so I understand the pressures to switch to other sources of power.  Texas has a huge number of wind farms already, but they are only profitable because of subsidies.  Of course, if natural gas gets much pricier, wind power may become a better option.

JonB
Stephen Brooks
2004-03-21 04:02:09
Well as I think you realised, my signature was sarcastic... My opinion is that nuclear fission is the most sensible energy choice for the next 50 years until fusion comes along.  Of course the government listens to "public concern" and various pseudo-scientific lobbyists from the green party instead of nuclear scientists, who will mostly tell you that the waste problems are manageable, the environmental problems far smaller than for carbon-based fuels and that the risk to the general public has been greatly exaggerated.

In other words, I was tempted to add to the end of the sig "...and when the wind is not blowing, they intend to generate electricity by extracting the magic out of fairies."

I'm don't think it's impossible to do what they're planning.  Chronically stupid, yes, probably, and we'll also lose a fair amount of our workforce who have experience with nuclear reactors, making the eventual adoption of fusion potentially even more difficult.
Not to mention that if an international company is looking for somewhere to set up shop, will they go for Europe, with its restrictive environmental laws, high taxes and high power costs because it's using intrinsically-inefficient methods for generating it?  I somehow think they'll prefer the countries in the far East who are currently the only ones (I know of) building new fission plants and also have a fairly cheap workforce.

I suppose I should also say that I'm not _against_ energy-saving measures and other environmentally-friendly things.  What makes me cross is that the UK government look at power-saving technology and say "Oh look, here's a good way to avoid having to pay for maintaining our power grid!" and happily say it's the user's responsibility to be more power-efficient - which it of course IS, but as an electricity user I expect the government to be doing their share of the work too, by investing in new power plants.

Well I guess that's my political rant for the day.  I wondered at some stage whether to put something like that as an essay on the front page, but, you know, there's a lot of stuff like that on the internet and it gets kind of boring so it's best relegated to the bulletin board...

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2004-Mar-21 at 04:17.]
Stephen Brooks
2004-03-21 05:16:19
quote:
Originally posted by [US-Distributed] Friends:
Please change [SG]Friends to Friends[US-Distributed]
Haven't had any response back from there so far.  So haven't changed this one over...
2004-03-21 12:55:49
Stephen,

could you post the IP address perhaps of the post requesting a rename from SG to US-Distributed??  Or put it into 'whois' and at least find out if it came from Germany...
DanC
2004-03-21 20:44:22
Yes... actually - that might be rather entertaining.

I can surmise where it did not come from.  It will likely forever remain a mystery.  Those given to speculation may arrive at a similar conclusion to mine... but what do I know?  I'm just a "car salesman" :Q
Stephen Brooks
2004-03-22 02:50:09
It wasn't from Germany anyhow.  I think they've got some unwanted 'help' from an overzealous reader of their bulletin boards...!
Nexus
2004-04-06 00:06:41
Hi, can you please change my name from Nexus[Free-DC] to Nexus[Free-DC.org] ?

Thanks.
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-06 00:58:30
OK.
Petey
2004-04-16 08:55:59
Hi Stephen,

Can you merge my 'petey' account with my 'petey [Free-DC.org]' account please.

Thanks.
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-19 09:11:44
OK, I've done that.  It should appear in the next stats update.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25341982 accesses.