Hi Stephen,

Doing a great job here!

Can you merge my accounts please; G[Rom2] into G[Romulus2]

Cheers

G

Ack........... THUD!
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-28 12:55:38
I've done the second request.  I don't appear to have a user called G[Rom2] though.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[DPC]Kpostuma
2002-10-28 13:39:31
Hi Stephen,

Can you put [DPC]Kpostuma in [DPC]Team WAU? 
I've decided to work with some friends under this name "[DPC]Team WAU"

Thanks,

Kpostuma
[DPC]Kpostuma
2002-10-28 14:26:22
Thanks Stephen, you're doing a great job!

[DPC]Team WAU
[DPC]Bren
2002-10-29 08:30:53
Sorry Stephen,

Found the last machine which were using the [DPC]TeamBaQ as their
user.txt value.  Please merge [DPC]TeamBaQ into [DPC]TeamNWW.

Thanks in advance,
[DPC]Bren
Me@Home
2002-10-29 14:51:20
Stephen, you're so on top of things...

Anyway, please merge Me@Home and [Ars]Me@Home under the latter.  Also, do my particles from versions 1,2 & 3 not count anymore?  frown

Me
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-29 15:28:54
quote:
Originally posted by Me@Home:
Stephen, you're so on top of things...

I have a fairly fast way of using Windows search to list the appropriate files in the database and then I just rename them and update the user-list text file.

quote:
Anyway, please merge Me@Home and [Ars]Me@Home under the latter.  Also, do my particles from versions 1,2 & 3 not count anymore?  frown

See http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/v1.html

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[DPC]Kpostuma
2002-10-31 02:10:52
Hello Stephen,

by slight carelessnes I forgot to rename one of my user.txt on one computer.  So now [DPC]Kpostuma is back in the stats.  Could you pls.  merge [DPC]Kpostuma into [DPC]Team WAU.

Thanks,

Kpostuma

[DPC]Team WAU
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-31 05:34:51
I think I did that last night but can't remember.

[DPC]Kpostuma
2002-10-31 05:47:01
well Stephen I uploaded the results at around 9:30 your time.  so I think that is not possible.  It is also strange that [DPC]Kpostuma was in the teamstats for one hour and now its gone.  You can check that I have uploaded the resulst at http://muon.qik.nl/
So I don't know what is going on!  Strange.

[DPC]Team WAU
[DPC]Kpostuma
2002-11-03 14:16:09
Hi Stephen,

I don't know how this could have happend, but I have done it again.  I have again flushed some results with the [DPC]Kpostuma user.txt.  Hopefully you will merge [DPC]Kpostuma and [DPC]Team WAU again in the latter one.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but this will be the last time.

[DPC]Team WAU
[DPC]Scorpion
2002-11-04 03:43:46
quote:
Originally posted by [DPC]Kpostuma:
Hi Stephen,

I don't know how this could have happend, but I have done it again.  I have again flushed some results with the [DPC]Kpostuma user.txt.  Hopefully you will merge [DPC]Kpostuma and [DPC]Team WAU again in the latter one.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but this will be the last time.

[DPC]Team WAU

sure thing

you just love to be welcomed every day @ DPC

big grin big grin wink

LinearB
2002-11-06 14:12:04
Hi Stephen, realise you've probably got your hands full at the moment so this isn't a high priority request smile. I've managed to create a duff user.txt file on one of my machines, only spotted it when I was looking at the duplicates file.

Rogue user.txt is [LTP]LinearB can this account be merged into my more usual
[TP]LinearB.

I have the results.dat file to prove it's my account if necessary.

Thanx again

LinearB

Pascal
2002-11-13 23:13:21
hi Stephen, I've recognized, you made some dupe checks..

But I wonder to find my old account Pascal [www.rechenkraft.de] in the stats again.
Could you please put all these results to my existing account Pascal [www.rechenkraft.net].
Thanks wink

BTW: Once I sent in a file with a top list (re-organisation of my harddisk), so between the members there may be lots of dupes.  When would you check this?  roll eyes

2002-11-14 02:37:51
OK I've sorted those three out.

[DPC]ImpaileR
2002-11-16 03:24:24
Could you please merge [DPC]ImpaileR and [DPC]Team ImpaileR into [DPC]The Obsidian Order?
rsarkezi
2002-11-16 06:38:56
Hi Stephen,

would you please create a team 'www.it-academy.cc' with a link to http://www.it-academy.cc and merge my account 'rsarkezi' with it?

When I get some new team members will the system 'know' that they belong to my team: e.g. I give somebody the name in user.txt 'www.it-academy.cc - user2'.

In that case he should get an own rank, but his stats should be also counted to our team account, isn't it so?

Can I use after merging 'www.it-academy.cc - rsarkezi' in my user.txt ?

-----------------------------
Be efficient!
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-16 07:09:08
OK, I've done those.  I'll update the changes in the stats, although I still haven't got the new downloader thing working.

rsarkezi
2002-11-16 07:29:30
Thanks a lot!  Now I can also update the user.txt on my pc's...

Be efficient!
[DPC]ImpaileR
2002-11-16 10:37:49
Thanks for merging.  smile
[DPC]ImpaileR
2002-11-17 05:00:59
eek Mmmmh, don't know where those came from, but [DPC]ImpaileR is back in the stats.  Could you merge in into [DPC]The Obsidian Order?
Checked all my clients again, should be ok now.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-18 08:31:57
Probably a cache-thing.  I haven't yet figured out an efficient way of retrieving lots of files from FTP (the obvious script idea keeps hanging) so there will be delays occasionally.

I'll merge your results back in now.

DukeBox
2002-11-18 08:47:40
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
Probably a cache-thing.  I haven't yet figured out an efficient way of retrieving lots of files from FTP (the obvious script idea keeps hanging) so there will be delays occasionally.

I'll merge your results back in now.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a _spiral space-time whirly thing_, AND an interesting plotline"

I can make an ftp retrieve for you ?
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-18 09:01:46
Well I need a function
void getfilesfromFTP(
char *server, // e.g. "muon.serveftp.org"
char *user, // Login details
char *password,
char *remotepath, // Where on the server to retrieve files from
char *localpath) // Where to put those files
...that downloads all files (or as many as possible) from an FTP directory.  Important: this function must not 'hang' for long periods of time if connections time-out, or the server is offline or something - it just needs to quickly download as many files as possible.  The rest of my stats-get program can then look to see what files are retrieved and work out the rest (send the 'delete' command etc.).

Currently I use FTP scripts to do this, but they have the problem of sometimes hanging for long periods of time.

DukeBox
2002-11-18 10:49:52
You were using windows if i'm right..

How about http://www.ncftpd.com/download/

usage:

ncftpget.exe -u [username] -p [password] -a -t 30 -v -DD -R [host] . *

a little sample

@echo off
:home
ncftpget.exe -u [username1] -p [password1] -a -t 30 -v -DD -R [host1] . *
ncftpget.exe -u [username2] -p [password2] -a -t 30 -v -DD -R [host2] . *
ncftpget.exe -u [username3] -p [password3] -a -t 30 -v -DD -R [host3] . *
sleep 900
goto home

This one downloads the WHOLE ftp recursive (include all dir's) and delete the file after succesfull download (-DD)

I't will try to connect for 30 sec's (-t 30) afther that it goes to the next one.

It also supports logging etc.
(just start ncftpget.exe without parameters to see all it's functions)
[DPC]ImpaileR
2002-11-25 02:19:33
Could you merge [DPC]ImpaileR into [DPC]The Obsidian Order again?  1 FTP server has hold [DPC]ImpaileR results for a very long time.
ODA [SwissTeam.NET]
2002-11-25 05:59:25
Hi,

Could you please merge ODA [SwissTeam.NET] with OMA [SwissTeam.Net] ?

Thanks a lot!
PSEUDO [SwissTeam.Net]
2002-11-25 07:38:52
quote:
Originally posted by ODA [SwissTeam.NET]:
Hi,

Could you please merge ODA [SwissTeam.NET] with OMA [SwissTeam.Net] ?

Thanks a lot!

What he meant is, if you could give the Particles from ODA to OMA an delete ODA from the List.

Thx PSEUDO

Grüessli
Kay
rsarkezi
2002-11-25 12:14:14
Hi Stephen, could you please also incluse my newly created team into the team stats?  It would be easier for me acquiring new members

Be efficient!
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-25 17:07:44
OK I've now done those things,

rsarkezi
2002-11-26 12:18:48
Many thanks!

Be efficient!
TotoHH
2002-11-27 23:32:05
Uhm... would you please be so kind and add the stats of TotoHH to TotoHH[rechenkraft.de].

Many thanks...
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-28 02:48:02
OK, that ought to be updated soon.

Zonar
2002-11-29 04:52:02
Can you change [DPC]Thorin in [DPC]Zonar?

There ought to be some results floating around on someone's FTP, which still have the old username.  Can't see if they already made it to your site, but yesterday they haven't appeared in the stats, although I sent them already on Tuesday.

20021126-145834 37 results sent to sogard.serveftp.net
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-29 09:11:34
OK, I've changed those over.  Incidentally the new stats script has been running flawlessly for the last 18 hours or so, producing a stats update about every 48 minutes, but of course it chooses to do this when the site is down so nobody can see it... big grin

Zonar
2002-11-30 03:37:35
Finally my older results show up, but under the name of [DPC]Thorin.  Can these be merged with [DPC]Thorin.  There will be no more results coming from [DPC]Thorin, as the username is changed on both computers.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-30 11:05:48
Okay.

BaDMaN
2002-12-05 00:02:20
Stephen,

Can you add [DPC] BaDMaN to [DPC]BaDMaN (without a space) because I've seem to make a little error in the username.

Thx
William
2002-12-10 01:08:45
hi there,

im currently as [OCAU]willy, but have decided to change to [OCAU]GUS , mainly due to me starting to develop a team, and opening a can o whoop ass against a person in particular, if you read this i know what you are doing LOL.  hehe dont think i dont have a few tricks in my sleve. 

help is appreciated
Chris
2002-12-11 02:06:41
Hello Stephen,

Could you please delete [OCAU]ehh, as i made a mistake with my name (due to a misunderstanding of names with my friend of which i'm doing this with).

Due to the tiny amount i did under that name a transfer of points/particles wouldn't be worth the time.

If you would prefer to transfer them, i am "muoning" with my friend William (see above) and they should be transfered to "[OCAU]GUS".

do which-ever suits you the best, i'm not bothered either way.

thank you for your help, it's much appreciated.

Chris.

What EXACTLY is a "muon" ?!  smile

[This message was edited by Chris on 2002-Dec-11 at 10:23.]
Stephen Brooks
2002-12-11 09:19:57
OK I've moved all those people over.

Well technically we are actually simulating anti-muons.  Muons are particles almost identical to electrons (negative charge) except roughly 200 times as heavy.  Muons and their antiparticles are both unstable, but survive long enough to get through this accelerator.  The connection with the "neutrino factory" is that muons ultimately decay into neutrinos, which will happen much later on in a storage ring.

William
2002-12-11 13:38:42
Thanks for that, now time for my master plan to unfold, muwhahaha
William
2002-12-11 13:52:46
Splap another errror on my behalf, can you put the stats of [ocau]willy to [ocau]GUS.  get rid of willy, i accedenelly ran the send unaware of the name change,
Stupid me

Thanks
Brian Sogard
2002-12-12 06:43:19
Stephen,

Please merge:
Brian Sogard
into:
[AMD Users]Brian Sogard

Thanks!
[AMD Users] Michal Hajicek
2002-12-12 12:44:36
Hi Stephen,
please change Michal Hajicek to [AMD Users] Michal Hajicek.
Thank you.
bye
scottsaxman
2002-12-27 06:51:58
Hey Stephen,

Would you mind changing [AMDUsers]scottsaxman to [TNT]scottsaxman?  Thank you, and hope you have happy holidays!

Scott
Stephen Brooks
2002-12-29 14:57:42
Sorry for the delay - I've just moved those across.  Some of you are 'veteran' users with results all the way back to 4.0something smile.

I've been having a good holiday, apart from the fact that the whole UK (me included) seems to have been suffering from colds or flu for the last 2 months.

res0r9lm
2003-01-18 21:44:27
Could you combine [TNT]res0r9lm into [AMD Users]Bionic_Redneck
Stephen Brooks
2003-01-22 09:32:07
OK, done that.

Err you know, if they made an extra-large black briefcase that also doubled as a 1-passenger car, some fool would complain it was too large to open at their desk
Trent
2003-02-07 09:58:16
Sorry, I had one computer running on [AMD USERS],OpteronMe and the other on [AMD Users]OpteronMe..I need you to combine [AMD USERS],OpteronMe to [AMD Users]OpteronMe.... Frown Frown Frown Frown

Crunching for
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25166940 accesses.