stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralSad news re Amaroque
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
HaloJones
2008-10-06 19:43:44
Amaroque was a member at The Genome Collective under his real name of Dustin.  Yesterday we were informed by his sister Debra, that he sadly passed away on March 11th leaving a wife and a little boy.  Without wishing to go into unnecessary details, he had some issues in his life and died of a drugs overdose, certainly accidentally.

His sister has asked us to amend his profile at TGC but she has consented to leaving his posts.  She knew of us because she once asked us to all send him birthday cards and he got cards from all over the world.

Dustin was a good friend and a dedicated cruncher.  It is some small tribute to him that some machines are still producing results for DPAD.
Stephen Brooks
2008-10-07 22:44:54
Hi Halo,

Thanks for passing this on.  I hope the family are coping as well as can be expected.  Of course I appreciate the efforts of every user on this project, including his, and it's easy to forget how different people's lives can be on the "other side of the screen".

Wow, March 11th?  Could have fooled me this past 6 months, it's takes some effort to be number 13 in this project.
HaloJones
2008-10-08 08:18:51
Dustin provided computer support for huis friends and family on one condition: they had to run DPAD on their machines.  The fact that they are all still doing so says much for Dustin.
GP500
2008-12-13 00:25:14
Indeed sad, thx dustin....
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162049 accesses.