stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser Warsalmost perfect...
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
moonshine
2002-09-15 11:56:24
Hi Stephen,

just one thing: when two people with the same browser play on the same board (with a third person using another browser, of course), and one of them wins the game, the other guy gets the message "Another browser got there first.  You lose!", although he's playing with the same (winning) browser.  Maybe you can change that message?  confused

Cheers,
moonshine
NN4USER
2002-09-15 12:01:07
I think so too.  We're warring communities, not individuals.
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-15 14:14:29
Darned case logic.... big grin

I've changed that now so that there are two alternative messages depending on whether it was your browser that won or not.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
moonshine
2002-09-16 19:15:45
Stephen,

>>"Someone else using the same browser as you won the game: you win, sort-of."

Are you sure this message only appears for the guy using the winning browser who did NOT place the winning coin?  I just played a game placing the winning coin and still getting the above message...but maybe it was by coincidence and the other Opera guy placed the winning coin a little faster.  confused
If, however, the message appears for all users of the winning browser whenever there's more than one person using the same browser I'd rather have a message saying: "You won!" big grin

Cheers,
moonshine

---The number you have dialed is imaginary.  Rotate your phone 90° clockwise and try again.  ---
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-17 01:59:48
The 'win' case works as before: I just split the 'someone else won' case into two parts depending on whether it was the same browser as you that won or not.  So you must have been unlucky and another person spotted the possible win faster.  (There may even be players who lurk on the board-select screen until they see a winnable game and then jump there to place a counter).

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25167702 accesses.