stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&Ausing results.dat and results.txt
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
wirthi [Free-DC]
2002-10-08 08:45:49
Hi,

I've got two questions about the result-files.

First, may I combine result.txt files just like result.dat files?  This would be helpful for uploading them from no-net machines.  I guess it is possible, I just want to be sure.

And the second question: Does the client read the results.dat everytime it starts a new simulation?  So, is it reasonable to install a new best250 (or similar) results.dat while the client is running, or do I have to restart it afterwards?

Thanks,
wirthi
Pascal
2002-10-08 10:12:57
To 1.: You can.

To 2.: You also can.  The client changes the genetic algorithm only, if there are 10+ results in the results.dat.  But there is one risk: If the client tries to read data out of results.dat and another application is using this file, the client may crash.

1: Athlon TB-C, 1.2 GC/s, 256 MB DDR-RAM, Erazor x², ADSL-Flatrate, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE Mainboard MSI-6380 Rev.  1
2: Pentium III, 600 MC/s, 256 MB RAM, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162836 accesses.