stephenbrooks.orgForumTalkSensibleNTL has gone strange
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-07-14 15:36:20
For some reason NTL (my ISP) has developed a problem meaning that I can't access this site (and a selection of apparently random other sites) from my main computer, so I might be a bit solw on responding to things on these message boards.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
kruemi [Swissteam.NET]
2002-07-15 04:55:54
That's clear as milk!
It's MSN!  They are under Control of MSN!  Fear!

bye

kruemi big grin

--
Don't read this.  And neither this!
Lord Groundhog
2002-07-15 05:49:26
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
For some reason NTL (my ISP) has developed a problem meaning that I can't access this site (and a selection of apparently random other sites) from my m ain computer, so I might be a bit solw on responding to things on these message boards.

I notice you post this under "somewhat more sensible things", which you describe as being the place for "semi-intelligent discussion". Does NTL really qu alify even as "semi-intelligent" or are you being charitable?

-- peace.  LG
Stephen Brooks
2002-07-15 16:32:06
I see you have managed to gain access to my site.  Congratulations, you now know how to use the INTERNET.

(For those who don't know, Lord Groundhog spent ages complaining that this bulletin board had locked him out somehow.  I had to go into user-admin and delete the original Lord Groundhog user so he could type in a password he could remember).

As for NTL - NTL stands for "No Telephone Line" and ISP stands for "Internet Service Provider". NTL say they are an ISP but at the moment they aren't exactly providing a service.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25103375 accesses.