stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralIn your Phone
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-25 17:05:09
If you ever had the desire to check your Muon1 stats with your WAP phone then you can now try this URL
http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/wap.wml

(don't type that into a computer browser - it won't work properly).

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Shades of Grey
2002-10-25 19:47:56
Wow.
Speechless.  Was there a HUGE calling for this, or was this more of a personal want razz
LinearB
2002-10-26 03:59:46
Up until now I couldn't think why I'd want a WAP enabled phone.....I'm off to the shops wink

Stephen Brooks
2002-10-26 04:50:09
quote:
Originally posted by Shades of Grey:
Speechless.  Was there a HUGE calling for this, or was this more of a personal want razz

I think I was having a rather surreal sort of a day - on Thursday night I just thought "hey, I wonder how WAP works?" and got a static WAP (WML) page working.  Had some trouble getting the file to be filtered through PHP while still being sent as WML, but an expert on the Apache users' mailing list was able to help me out.  So yesterday I wrote that Muon stats system.
I still need to put in basic stats for the teams and maybe include the "time since last upload" in rawstats.txt so people with borged boxes can tell if they're still working OK via their phone too.
Then the main stats need re-doing in PHP so you don't have to read through 7 pages just to find out where you are (i.e. they should be searchable like the WAP stats), although I'll probably keep the top100 on the front page and still allow viewing 100 places at a time like now if you want.

Basically this is just to make sure the stats system scales OK to ~1000 users.  I'm also working on v4.22 on-and-off, but all through November I'll be doing a full-time degree, so won't always have the inclination to do heavy debugging after a day working on some equally complex thing on a problem sheet.  Having said that, this may be the last bug I'm on now, so I don't really know.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163086 accesses.