stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsGot result 0.000000 percent
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Midon
2002-10-26 12:21:59
Hi,

I found this strange behaviour after a 3 hour calculation.  The auto.sav file was about 2.2. MB and it was necessary to restart the PC (nothing connected to muon).  Short after the restart the run finished, but the result was 0.000000 percent confused. From prior result I know that a size of 2.2 MB of the auto.sav file close to the end of a run will have a result of about 3 percent or higher cool.

My explanation is that I stopped the run very close to the end and all "normal" particles have finished the run and there is no information written in the save file about the correct finished particles.  As I restarted there were no particles left to be extracted from the bending chicane and I got the result 0.000000.

Is this a feasible desciption?

Werner
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-26 13:28:58
This is a bug I've actually recently fixed in the current source.  Fortunately it's "harmless" in so far as it's quite rare and never produces erroneously _high_ results.

Will be released with 4.22, which I know I have to get done soon.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Midon
2002-10-26 14:24:13
Thanks for the information.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25164319 accesses.