stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsOn the ceiling (T minus 2760 seconds)
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-29 12:12:46
Erm I just noticed all the times on the boards went negative, but you couldn't see because they were all written in black.

They must have adjusted for daylight saving time on my server big grin

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
DrHanser
2002-10-29 13:13:42
If it's a Linux-based server, probably, as IIRC, that's the default setting: getting system time from NIST, yes?

--
The mark of an educated man is one who knows a lot about something, and a little about everything.
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-29 15:39:01
You've just reminded me I forgot to turn on my NIST timesync here.  My computer's clock is really FOUL.  It adjusted by 5 minutes because I'd not synced for about 24 hours.

I dunno much about Linux servers, but I can believe that's what happened.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161062 accesses.