stephenbrooks.orgForumTalkMallardsDesktop Screenshots
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Tom King
2002-11-05 11:53:45
OK people, let's have a look at your desktops! 

This is my laptop:

Stephen Brooks
2002-11-05 13:27:14
Here's two of mine - this one I've just taken:

...although due to the jpegging the text on the left is less coloured than it is here.  This one I saw on the server but can't remember what it looks like:

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Bill[Romulus2]
2002-11-06 12:33:04
I shrank my desktop image down a bit from it's normal 1600x1200 size but I think you can still see enough to drool over smile

Stephen Brooks
2002-11-06 13:10:44
quote:
Originally posted by Bill[Romulus2]:
I shrank my desktop image down a bit from it's normal 1600x1200 size but I think you can still see enough to drool over smile

I wish my life was as simple as yours appears to be from the emptyness of your desktop big grin

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
DrHanser
2002-11-06 13:15:50

--
The mark of an educated man is one who knows a lot about something, and a little about everything.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-06 13:22:57
Here we go again with the 1.1MB images... big grin I might let that one survive on the basis that the background image is totally stunning.

Tom King
2002-11-06 13:56:24
The backround image is certainly gorgeous, but overall it is a tad large.
Bill[Romulus2]
2002-11-07 14:37:13
Nobody else has a desktop?  Either DrHanser's colorful display or my hyper streamlined strictly business server crushing display has the world awed smile
Lord Flasheart
2002-11-20 11:48:24
Wooo, flying thingies... (yes I'm bored damnit!)

EDIT: Arses, that didn't come out.  And I can't be bothered to make it work.  Needless to say it's a nice picture of a Tornado F3 jet against a blue sky.  Woo.

[This message was edited by Lord Flasheart on 2002-Nov-20 at 19:56.]
Tom King
2002-11-20 12:07:43
Then post a picture of your desktop, beakbrain.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-21 06:25:25
OK, something "odd" has happened to my Windows machine now...

Stephen Brooks
2003-01-28 05:18:06
It's a big odd HORSE, of course.

Err you know, if they made an extra-large black briefcase that also doubled as a 1-passenger car, some fool would complain it was too large to open at their desk
Marv The Grate
2003-01-28 20:53:45
Off topic I know, but I noticed that Mr. Brooks has testout on his desktop.  If you are studying for your CCNA perhaps I have some advice.... Let me know if it is wanted.

Why curse the darkness when you can light a flamethrower?

Men At Work -Terry Prachett
Herb[Romulus2]
2003-01-29 09:11:43
The wallpaper is a bit hidden

-------------------------------
I'd say more, but I can't reach the keyboard from the floor.
Stephen Brooks
2003-01-29 14:51:15
quote:
Originally posted by Marv The Grate:
Off topic I know, but I noticed that Mr. Brooks has testout on his desktop.  If you are studying for your CCNA perhaps I have some advice.... Let me know if it is wanted.

What's a CCNA?  No, the only reason I had something called 'testout.txt' on my desktop was that I was testing a PHP script which outputted a text file, hence the name.  I didn't know that name meant anything else!

Err you know, if they made an extra-large black briefcase that also doubled as a 1-passenger car, some fool would complain it was too large to open at their desk
Marv The Grate
2003-01-30 21:38:49
The CCNA network certification.  Cisco Certified Network Associate.  Testout is a program that helps people prepare for the cert, but I found it lacking.  Were you looking at that as a means for preparing for the cert I was going to suggest something else. 

Stephen Brooks
2003-01-31 14:01:34
I'm afraid the technicalities of computer networking is a subject that rapidly sends me to sleep.  Funny really considering I'm running a DC project...

P.S. Stylish desktop you have there.

Marv The Grate
2003-01-31 23:47:27
The technicalities of networking is what pays my bills.  I am a TAC engineer for Cisco and I work with firewalls for a living.  But I agree that it is a dry dusty subject that most people are not fond of.

wizbones
2003-02-05 18:28:00
Razz Herb - Love the "Desktop" too funny. 

Nothing real spectacular here - just shameless self promotion Wink

-----
The maximum effective range of an excuse is Zero point Zero Meters !!
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-02-05 22:40:57
SPAM!  SPAM!  SPAM!
Razz Big Grin Razz

I don't believe that's your actual desktop background

LOL

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
wizbones
2003-02-06 08:26:29
It is, that's my Half Moon Conur, his name is Screach and we call him that for a reason!!!  Razz

Besides I like the skull it goes with my tatoos Cool

-----
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-02-06 09:25:06
Allright, how obvious... Roll Eyes Smile

You convinced me Razz

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Stephen Brooks
2003-02-06 10:06:23
Your conur looks a lot like a parrot from that angle.

wizbones
2003-02-06 13:11:14
Well he is a parrot Wink I also have two Kakarikis (small new zeland parrots) two peach face love birds, three cockatials, and several varieties of finch(a small annoying bird).  A total of like 30 +/- birds with an avairy inside the house. 

/Sorry for the totally off topic post, but Stephan202 started it LOL

-----
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-02-06 13:51:32
I think no one is going to blame you for this extremely off topic post Wink, since this is the "Marmite-flavoured mallards" forum (still need to translate the meaning of this.  I have absolutely no clue) Cool

I wonder: why do you keep annoying birds in your house?  Getting rid of them doesn't seem to hard to me.  Just accidently forget to close a window Razz

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
wizbones
2003-02-06 14:36:51
We gave my mom two finch for her birthday and they turned out to be extremely furtile - just our luck. 

Anyhow they basically took over her house and she couldn't keep them any more.  25 or so I don't remember.  Hard to count them, they're alwasy moving around.  So being the wonderful son that I am I took them for her. 

We've lost eight of them so far, they don't swim to well and keep drowning in the waterfall.  I've revised it three times now, and so far so good.  No more dead birdies. 

Mallards a duck idn't it?  Marmite flavoured?  Cooked maybe?

-----
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-02-06 15:01:27
Well I translated it, and I think marmite is something we don't don't know in Holland.

A mallard is a common wild duck, or as would say, an every day duck.  We have em all around over here in Holland.  They're in every ditch.

So I don't know how the ducks of this forum taste, and I don't want to imagine the taste of a Dutch mallard which has been fed with leftovers (bread) day in - day out, living in a filthy ditch.
I'd go for a normal chicken.
Yes but that one's facing the WRONG WAY.

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2003-Feb-22 at 21:04.]
Tom King
2003-02-07 03:53:49
I like ducks.  They're nice.  They swim around in thier pond and go "QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK" "Quarnk" "Qwaffle" etc with comforting regularity.  Parrots are very odd indeed, but I treat them with slightly more caution seeing as I've been beaked by them on many occasions.
Stephen Brooks
2003-02-07 09:12:50
quote:
Originally posted by wizbones:
Well he is a parrot Wink

Hmm, could this be a magic parrot, that can become both a parrot and a conur at the same time?  Or maybe can turn from one to the other at will?

Marmite is a bizarre invention.  You should look it up on the internet, order some, and then put it on your TOAST to see if you like it or not.

fishy
2003-07-02 20:04:53
here's mine Big Grin

Browsers of choice: 1st.  Galeon, 2nd Dillo, 3rd Mozilla
magicfan241
2003-07-19 10:51:37
Here's my pretty piccy: (yes, I am a rush fan...)

Did I upload my new kernal release?
--The dying thoughts of a nerd
Stephen Brooks
2003-07-19 16:12:21
quote:
Originally posted by [DPC]Stephan202:
So I don't know how the ducks of this forum taste, and I don't want to imagine the taste of a Dutch mallard which has been fed with leftovers (bread) day in - day out, living in a filthy ditch.
Maybe they taste like Edam?

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature #NAN°C
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25104144 accesses.