stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsCan't flush
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Black-X
2002-11-05 14:34:31
I can't flush my points anymore...

When I'm trying to login it's said password is wrong?

More team members from me have the same problem..?
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-05 14:35:45
There's been a security upgrade.  I'm currently waiting for some guy at Infopop to change the FTP password (which I did NOT ask him to change) back to what it was for user "muon1".

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Black-X
2002-11-05 14:41:15
Why did he change?

But I think it's probably a good idee to make 2 accounts?

One to flush te points, so only placing files but not view and one for yourself, a secret password, one where you have all permissions?
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-05 14:45:30
quote:
Originally posted by Black-X:
Why did he change?

Someone stole his cinnamon danish and he needed to release his pent up anger on something.

quote:
Originally posted by Black-X:
But I think it's probably a good idee to make 2 accounts?

One to flush te points, so only placing files but not view and one for yourself, a secret password, one where you have all permissions?

Indeed.  That's exactly what I've been doing, and it required changing some directory permissions.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Black-X
2002-11-05 15:12:19
I did the same by my proxy only write permissions, but now the password is correctly again... But, we haven't got any permissions anymore... We even can't write I saw...
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-05 16:15:40
Yes this has been a complete waste of four hours.  It's just turned out that I _can't_ do what you suggest because to drop files into a directory, the FTP use needs read access as well as write.  I suppose it was worth trying, but anyway I am not pleased.  It will go back to how it was before now.

Black-X
2002-11-05 16:18:19
I see... But you can't change the account, so writing is your only permission?
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-06 08:19:54
No, I changed the account so that writing (well, write+execute) was muon1's only permission on the directory, and it came back with 'access denied' when I issued the 'cd v4.21b' command.  That means I can't deposit the file where I want to.

Black-X
2002-11-06 14:29:52
Hmmm strange he should do it... On the FTP server it self you couldn't go in either I saw... But I think you'll have to solve the problem...
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162848 accesses.