stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsWeighting "% won"
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Colin Percival
2002-11-18 08:40:49
Can you weight the statistics used to generate the "% done" totals so that people who win multiplayer games are given more credit then people who win two-player games?  Right now, most browsers are below the 50% mark -- not because people aren't any good at the game, but because most games include more than two people.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-18 08:48:08
Well it's an idea.  For summary purposes I could just include the 2-ways, and then maybe make the number a link to a page where I've sort-of plotted the win% vs. #of players for each 'team', so you get to see the distribution of their strengths or something.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
gilbert
2002-11-18 17:13:17
Also, I think that in future games, a browser that places a token but is then locked out for the rest of the game should not be considered a player.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-19 14:53:36
quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Also, I think that in future games, a browser that places a token but is then locked out for the rest of the game should not be considered a player.

They aren't. You need to have placed at least 3 tokens to be considered a player.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159513 accesses.