stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser Warshmm... i'm seeing anarchy, and it ain't good
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
eszett
2002-11-19 14:19:54
there seems to be something fishy going on in the browserwars thing.  i may be mistaking it for simply a wave of mozilla/msie 6 users, but it seems one dedicated soul has gone thorugh the arduous work of playing games against himself using said browsers (and somehow circumventing the control things on the way.  and miraculously s/he managed to boost ie and mozilla with around 900 wins apiece.  i'm pretty certain this revenger is still out there.  each of the eight boards has only at most a large handful of pieces currently, and more that 80% are mozilla/msie 6. the time between moves is relatively quick (all but one at the moment are less than 30 seconds), no board is locked between msie 6 and mozilla exclusively, and there are several boards that have been emptied (3 of them are currently).  the recent winners are quite varied however; a quick check of each board showed a mozilla, msie6, msie 5.5, msie 4, and a googlebot.  but the most intriguing thing is definitely the boost.  stephen, i don't know if your logs report ip adresses or anysuch, but i think you should take a look at them.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-19 14:47:39
Nothing _looks_ too out of place.  You're right: the scores for MSIE6 and Mozilla have gone up a lot, but this site has been mentioned on a fair few sites just recently.  It could just be a load of new enthusiastic players turning up.

Actually I have seen something weird - the detailed stats list with all the combinations of browsers playing appears to have been truncated half-way through the 5-player region.  It went all the way up to 8 before (I suspect a file-write conflict).  However, the MSIE/Mozilla tally is not much higher than it was before, so I think that is just a new influx of players.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25345649 accesses.