stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsBoards broken
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Dargo
2002-11-20 02:19:12
I can't play any of the boards.  My browser is listed as UnknownBrowser whether I use Mozilla, IE5 or Konqueror.  I get the following error message on all the boards when I try to play.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site100/fst/var/www/html/browserwars/index.php on line 606
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-20 03:21:23
Yeah... I went to check what had happened on FTP and half the boards had been corrupted (0 bytes in file) and the other 6 were OK.  I wrote a script to try and solve this, but the server will not let me upload my file any more because it says "Connection Reset by Server"...

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
johnny
2002-11-20 03:23:35
yep, now im getting 500 errors
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-20 03:29:45
I tried it with manual FTP and it says "disk quota exceeded". That's dumb though, because I'd've thought it was _bandwidth_ that would have been exceeded.  I've checked the size of the logfiles in most places on my site and can't see where the disk space has gone... Will investigate further.

BTW you guys produced 3GB of traffic in the last 12-18 hours.  That's how much my website was originally configured to have in a month (although I've increased it to 7GB/month).

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-20 03:40:04
I don't BELIEVE this.  They've got their logs configured so that now I have a 350MB file in /var/log/httpd/access_log and now they're saying I can't upload anything because I'm out of disk-quota (this site is hosted with Infopop).

I've put in a support ticket to have the logs removed or truncated or something...

Stephen Brooks
2002-11-20 08:56:43
They're looking into switching off my httpd logs now.  Hopefully I should have the boards back up within an hour or two.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162674 accesses.