stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsSomething's very wrong!
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
gilbert
2002-11-20 12:30:20
Yesterday, Opera 6 had over 4100 wins, but now it has less than 4100 wins.  Some sort of hacking maybe?
Kwil
2002-11-20 12:40:43
In addition, it seems board locking isn't working properly.  I'm not sure how, but locking a board with only 2 mozilla pieces on it did not prevent Mozilla from continuing to play.  Even after four mozilla pieces had been played, the lock was not showing Mozilla as a participant.  Very strange.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-20 12:45:05
quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Yesterday, Opera 6 had over 4100 wins, but now it has less than 4100 wins.  Some sort of hacking maybe?

No, just the fact my server crashed out this morning and only 6 of 12 boards survived, so I had to clone the scores from them to make up 12, so there will be some variation.  It was about the best I could do.

As for the board locking, I think if a player is locked in but then uses a different browser from the same IP, they can then play.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
gilbert
2002-11-20 13:34:28
The Opera 6 winning percentage dropped by about 8% frown.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-20 13:43:49
The _percentages_ were reset entirely... The current percentage is just for games since this morning.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Book'em Dano
2002-11-20 18:24:58
I still says somethings not quite right since the beginning of this week.  When Opera is not being identified properly (i.e., unknown browser or as Galeon) and within 2 seconds 4 to 6 pieces have been played on a board in differnet places somethings . . .
eszett
2002-11-20 22:47:00
galeon!?  i've seen it as the unknown goose, but galeon is just way out!  heck, i could cause anarchy like that!  /me wants

[color=green]fear me, i'm on a mosaic streak[/color]. (sorry stephen or whever edited my sig, it's supposed to be like that, inside joke about mosaic big grin )
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163180 accesses.