stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser Warswget?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
phil
2002-11-22 10:58:27
I noticed that wget is listed in the stats....how on earth would one play using wget?
eszett
2002-11-22 18:00:43
{in the nicest possible manner} what the heck is a wget?

[color=green]fear me, i'm on a mosaic streak[/color]. (sorry stephen or whever edited my sig, it's supposed to be like that, inside joke about mosaic big grin )
wgetboy
2002-11-22 23:45:52
wGet is a council based text crawler.  The wGet your likely seeing is identifying itself as: "wget not really, just for browser wars". I decided to go with wGet because: 1: its a cool program, 2: dont have other wget browser undercutting me, 3: wget is great.  What im really using actually is a modiffied Mozilla.  Please let me continue, its fun.
Herb[Romulus2]
2002-11-23 07:11:10
You're a sick twisted puppy LOL

I'm going to let me browser now tell ya, I'm Notepad, or even better EDLIN big grin

-------------------------------
I'd say more, but I can't reach the keyboard from the floor.
another_wget_person
2002-11-25 12:43:14
Should I mention that I'm actually using wget?  Just open a (bash) shell on a unix machine and type:

while true; do read FOO; wget -O /dev/null "$FOO"; done

Then you can paste in a URL, hit enter, and wget will go and download it.  I select the URLs using a graphical browser.
Colin Percival
2002-11-25 20:05:57
I'm responsible for about half the wget wins, without using a graphical browser at all.

Incidentally, this is made rather harder by the fact that MSIE5 and MSIE5.5 have the same five character abbreviation.
EdBug
2002-12-29 17:09:27
quote:
Originally posted by another_wget_person:
Should I mention that I'm actually using wget?  Just open a (bash) shell on a unix machine and type:

while true; do read FOO; wget -O /dev/null "$FOO"; done

Then you can paste in a URL, hit enter, and wget will go and download it.  I select the URLs using a graphical browser.

I did this for a while.  It's weird, hard and fun smile Won quite a few even those fast multi-player games.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159111 accesses.