stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser Warscurious about the wins
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
vesselle
2002-12-12 14:24:28
i've noticed that when a game is won, a picture of the board is posted.  but, at least in my browser, it's not a WINNING picture of the board.  for instance, i was just in a game with O7, galleon and me, O6. i posted a block, then *boom* it says Galleon won.  the picture shows no possible way Galleon coulda won.

so what stage is the board in when the win announcement comes up and why doesn't it show the final, winning move? 

V***V

PS forgive the long winded post.. smile my brain is still asleep and not helping me at ALL in my efforts to make sense.

knowledge hidden is knowledge forgotten.
know that i know.
jyvasaa
2002-12-12 18:26:09
look, and look again.  smile
Kwyjibo
2002-12-12 21:55:41
Here, diagonally!
Klaartje
2002-12-13 01:04:15
http://members1.chello.nl/~e.bruyn01/browserwars.png

Now try this one.. I don't see it.
Stephen Brooks
2002-12-13 04:48:06
It looks like the IE5 player made a move between the times the Opera 7 player's script loaded and saved the file.  If you went on the "Display Last Win" option later on, did it still display that, or did it show something else?

There is a thing that allows me to "lock" files so these conflicts don't happen, but I haven't put it in yet.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Klaartje
2002-12-13 09:47:50
Sorry, I didn't try that.  So I do not know... roll eyes roll eyes big grin
Klaartje
2002-12-13 09:55:12
...so *that's* how your Instant Graemlins work... red face
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163161 accesses.