stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsGame 31337!
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
kpu
2002-12-18 18:12:05
Total scores: (31337 games played).  Enough said.  BTW, why can I play a game with every recognized browser id with only three IP addresses?  I put every browser recognized in one game and it only counted the first seven on the full log!
Stephen Brooks
2002-12-19 08:29:16
Currently you can actually do that with 2 distinct IPs: the rules just say the next play must come from a different browser and a different IP.  I'm thinking of putting something in to prevent the same IP from using a different browser (or at least from it switching within 1 hour) but haven't done that yet.

You have to have three squares from one browser/IP combination in order for that browser to be logged as a participant of the game (I did that so occasional 'spam' squares dropped by a player who was just passing through don't affect the real scores).

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
kpu
2002-12-19 16:25:57
Well, I took your advice.  Now there's a game with 21 players, all done manually.  I love the chat messages from people who watched me play it.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163775 accesses.