stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralAny Canadians here?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2003-01-06 13:51:46
The science reporter from the Globe and Mail newspaper would like to interview someone from Canada who has participated in this project, because he is writing an article about distributed computing.

If you live in Canada and like the idea of being interviewed about your experiences as a user of this project, please e-mail me and I will put you in contact.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2003-Jan-06 at 22:08.]
DukeBox
2003-01-07 05:55:54
I'll be there over 1 week for about 13day's... but.. where in Canada ??  it's quite a big country.
Stephen Brooks
2003-01-11 07:50:01
OK I've got a voluntier (thormodr) and I've put him in contact.  Not sure what timescale the guy wanted the interview on (i.e. whether it's already too late) but at least we found someone.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
thormodr
2003-01-24 17:36:27
I believe it may be too late.  The previous Monday he had a story about the Xbox Key DC project and some Canadian involved in that.  i emailed the reporter but I haven't heard anything from him... Frown
Stephen Brooks
2003-01-28 05:22:01
Yeah that's kind of standard - from what I've seen of journalists, they do all their research last-minute (well, last 48 hours before printing anyway).

Err you know, if they made an extra-large black briefcase that also doubled as a 1-passenger car, some fool would complain it was too large to open at their desk
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25164621 accesses.