stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsDano, are you cheating?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
kpu
2003-01-07 18:26:48
I was playing against Opera 6 and Opera 7 in the same board.  They were cooperating with eachother, so it wasn't very fun.  Then Dano (as Opera 6) said he was leaving and both players were suspiciously gone.
Book'em Dano
2003-01-07 20:40:31
KPU I told you then and I'll say it again now.  I don't cheat.  I "adapt, improvise and overcome". I don't use multiple IP's and I hate bots.  While I typically play for Opera its always for 6 and not for 7. Ask Edbug.  He seems nice enough and you two seem to get along.  Check the posts and you'll also see that I've complained about bots and super fast games.  I am not however, going to complain about somebody handing me a win.  Its called "Browser Wars" for petes sake.  As for what happend to the O7 player beats me.  I left to fix dinner but did check back occasionally.
EdBug
2003-01-08 01:18:00
I think you're getting a bit paranoid kpu and i also think you're taking this way too serious.  It's just a game.  I don't believe Dano cheats.  It happens to me all the time when you have a winning position against mozilla and that some IE user or someone else screws it up.  It happens, take it like it is.  Also I don't find it very neat using the forum to call someone a cheater.  Fight it out in the chat box if you have problems.

Just play and have fun.  Oh and remember there is a lock function use it if you wanna play 1 on 1.
Stephen Brooks
2003-01-09 18:18:32
I think genuine players outnumber cheaters at this game simply because playing properly is much more interesting, while cheating gets dull and repetitive.

One (annoying) thing I have noticed is how certain people seem to use the chatboxes for advertising websites - I mean I wouldn't mind if it was just one chatbox, but some people post to all 12 of them.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Marv The Grate
2003-01-09 23:12:05
I have not noted anyone cheating, but when it comes right down to it I am an elitist and I dislike microsoft.  If I see any O6 or O7 player who is in better position (in an IE Opera and Moz game) than I sometime I only play a spoiling move on IE solely to let O7 win, then in the next game all bets is off. 

Marv

Why curse the darkness when you can light a flamethrower?

Men At Work -Terry Prachett
zoom314
2003-07-31 14:45:54
K-Meleon is everywhere..... and rising.  Roll Eyes
Klaartje
2003-07-31 23:55:14
Rising?
Winning percentages are lower and lower Mad
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163491 accesses.