stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralLinux versions ?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Goner
2003-02-16 15:16:58
looks like the site with optimized clients (http://www.those-russians.com/muon/) has been hijacked by a Russian mail-order bride organization ?!
did anybody here save the clients ??  i'm looking for the Athlon client ... (AMD Athtlon XP 1700+)

thanks !
--
Goner - [DPC]TeamNWW
Stephen Brooks
2003-02-16 18:23:07
Nice. 

I don't have the versions myself.  Try ARS Technica's team's site - some of the people there may have got copies.

(null)
Goner
2003-02-18 08:10:30
their link points to the same garbage site, but there's also a client from their own Muon team :
http://teamatomicmilkshake.com/files/TinyHelp_clients/linuxmuon.gcc32-O3-AthlonXP

--
Goner - [DPC]TeamNWW
Bionic_Redneck
2003-03-27 02:45:07
manual send doesn't work with mandrake 9.1
MaFi
2003-04-14 10:27:48
hi
is there somebody already porting the v4.3 to linux??? 
unfortunately my programming skills are far away from being good enough for a project like this... Roll Eyes

markus
px3
2003-04-14 10:45:06
Hi,

the linux port is finished to 98%. results are generated correctly but manualsend isn't ported right now.

i'll release the version soon Cool (hope to get it final tomorrow Big Grin )

PX3

p.s. solaris and freebsd versions follow asap Smile
px3
2003-04-16 07:47:49
The linuxclient is avail for download since yesterday.

Stephen sets a link to my page on the muon-homepage.

Manualsend for v4.3 is still under construction.

A Solaris client is in work too.

PX3
András Horváth
2003-04-29 04:14:24
Hi!

I have some v4.3 results in our Linux boxes.  (~10^4 results) It is very nice, but I am wondering, when can I send them.  I know: the linux version of manualsend is under construction.  Can anybody tell me something about the waiting time for manualsend for Linux?  Or I should use the spare time of our machines in an another distributed project? 

Thanks,

András

PS: I know that my CPU capacity in this project is neglible.  But I would use the spare CPU time of our department usefully.  So, if there is no manualsend for Linux, it is better to find an another distributed project.
px3
2003-04-30 13:38:57
quote:
Originally posted by András Horváth:
Hi!

I have some v4.3 results in our Linux boxes.  (~10^4 results) It is very nice, but I am wondering, when can I send them.  I know: the linux version of manualsend is under construction.  Can anybody tell me something about the waiting time for manualsend for Linux?  Or I should use the spare time of our machines in an another distributed project? 

Thanks,

András

PS: I know that my CPU capacity in this project is neglible.  But I would use the spare CPU time of our department usefully.  So, if there is no manualsend for Linux, it is better to find an another distributed project.

Hi András,

currently i'm really busy and have no time to port manualsend. 
i'll do a quick-recompile-only using Ronny Langes manualsend, so you should be able to send the results. 

It'll be published until sunday.

PX3
BOHICASETI
2003-05-05 08:29:29
Just curious about the linux version.  From what I can tell it is version 4.3 (not 4.3b).  Is there a 4.3b for linux available or was that correction only for windows based clients?  I just don't want to start using the 4.3 client and find out that the results made by it are not valid.  Thanks

Friends help friends move....
REAL friends help friends move dead bodies.
Stephen Brooks
2003-05-05 14:58:47
v4.3 is quite valid - in some ways the way v4.31 does rechecking is "more" valid, but in other ways it is "less" valid!!  So I won't discriminate against v4.3 results at all.

Some time I should have v4.31c out which will tackle some known issues in the client, and that may well be the best version for PX3 to re-port.  (Although obviously I'll only ask him to do that once it's been running on Windows for a few days had clearly has no serious bugs).

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
BOHICASETI
2003-05-05 19:54:08
Great to hear!  Thanks Stephen.  Switching over to my Suse drive now.  Big Grin

Friends help friends move....
REAL friends help friends move dead bodies.
András Horváth
2003-05-11 14:28:06
Manualsend for Linux seems to work!  Thanks a lot. 

András
Noodles[OCAU]
2003-05-29 00:00:18
Does the linux client work more effectively than the Win32 client?

Also is the source anywhere so I can compile the source for optimizations for my CPU?
px3
2003-05-29 02:05:57
quote:
Originally posted by Noodles[OCAU]:
Also is the source anywhere so I can compile the source for optimizations for my CPU?

The sourcecode isn't avail, but there are allready compiled versions avail optimised for 586 and 686 cpus.

px3
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161753 accesses.