stephenbrooks.orgForumTalkMallardsMallard-tape
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Lord Groundhog
2003-03-26 07:27:06
To go along with the various kinds of protection from aliens, as posted in another thread, Duck/Duct Tape (no, I don't want to get into that argument; as far as I'm concerned both are right) is something that everyone can use for protection from an earth-based hazard ... at least, ol' Dubya would like us to believe. 

Now there is a site to help us all to make the most of this wonderful anti-terrorist tool:

http://www.ducttapecreations.com

So, let's all go beyond the merely utilitarian, and make a positive fashion statement.

-- peace.  LG
Stephen Brooks
2003-03-30 14:10:02
Never underestimate the power of an odd guy in a bowler hat.

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
Lord Groundhog
2003-04-03 04:39:53
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
Never underestimate the power of an odd guy in a bowler hat.

Nor, in this case, the power of a jumped-up, oil-crazed cowboy in a ten-gallon hat.

-- peace.  LG
Stephen Brooks
2003-04-03 08:44:11
A hat with a volume of ten gallons would surely cover one's entire head?

quote:
Nor, in this case, the power of a jumped-up, oil-crazed cowboy

As innocent passers-by this board may have guessed by now, LordGroundhog has a slight bee in his bonnet about the war, and the president of America, and - well - actually quite a few other things if you spare the time to let him talk about the whole edifice of ducks.

Of course the odd guy in the bowler hat controls everything, the edifice of ducks is merely his neo-baroque facade.

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2003-Apr-03 at 22:36.]
Lord Groundhog
2003-04-05 15:00:20
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
A hat with a volume of ten gallons would surely cover one's entire head?

quote:
Nor, in this case, the power of a jumped-up, oil-crazed cowboy

As innocent passers-by this board may have guessed by now, LordGroundhog has a slight bee in his bonnet about the war, and the president of America, and - well - actually quite a few other things if you spare the time to let him talk about the whole edifice of ducks.

Of course the odd guy in the bowler hat controls everything, the edifice of ducks is merely his neo-baroque facade.

Granting for a moment that I wear your hypothetical bonnet, and that your hypothetical bee were to inhabit it with me, everything that has resulted from said bee in said bonnet is harmless.  The odd spot of mockery here, some words of political analysis there, and a few demonstrations in the other place. 

Now compare that to the tonnage of armaments exchanged and the body counts on various sides.  Then imagine what Dubya must have in his cowboy hat, to provoke all of that.

For the record, I didn't intend my postings on this board ("here") to be at all serious -- some people need to be laughed at, and this is a laughing sort of place, no?

-- peace.  LG
Stephen Brooks
2003-04-05 17:02:40
I think that counts as a "whole edifice of ducks". And you've talked about it.  (Talking about the ducks is harmless, the ducks themselves have beaks).

Tom King
2003-07-15 14:52:42
Never underestimate the power of duck-tape underwear.

Chorus:

Quorn fudder quarnk quarnk
Quorn fudder quarnk quarnk
Lord Groundhog
2003-07-19 20:34:41
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas King:
Never underestimate the power of duck-tape underwear.

Chorus:

_Quorn fudder quarnk quarnk
Quorn fudder quarnk quarnk_

Just thinking about wearing that is making my eyes water. 

-- peace.  LG
The Mechanic
2003-08-29 13:08:32
Only if you create it with duck tape on only one side.  Although if it was made entirely out of duck tape and have duck tape on only one side, it would have a fairly odd shape.  Hmm, Moebius underwear

I challenged the mighty Titan and his troubadours
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25103548 accesses.