stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&AStatus of the project
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Jeff Hammersmark
2003-04-01 20:56:32
I just want to know: If the first stage of the project has been completed, is the work being done now just repetitive or does it have some importance as well.  Also, I belong to SETI@home right now so give me some reasons I should join this project......kinda for fun, kinda to get a feel for the project.  Smile
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-04-01 21:55:31
ATM the optimal designs are found, so there's no scientific need to help with this version.  In about a week, however, a new version will be released.  That version will simulate something different.  And then the optimzation can start again.  So in about a week this project will be of use again Smile

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Jeff Hammersmark
2003-04-09 11:52:17
So is this "new version" everyone is talking about now (v4.3 i believe) the one that simulates something different?  I thought it was going to be v 5 ??
Stephen Brooks
2003-04-10 13:46:34
v5 will simulate something different.  v4.3 (oddly) simulates _less_ than v4.2x, but optimises in a better way than v3.x did when it last did this part of the machine.  It serves as a good test case of the new architecture before I put all the new components in.

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
[AMD Users]Core
2003-04-21 06:57:09
you dont have to just choose one project to be a part of, you can use many at the same time.  I have Muon and Find-A-Drug running in the background and SETI@Home as a screensaver because I couldnt decide which one I wanted to do.  Most of these programs share system resources quite well (SETI@Home is the only exception I've found, it hogs the entire CPU)
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162098 accesses.