stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsHelp - need passive transfer for Muon!
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
rsarkezi
2003-04-18 12:55:21
Hi Stephen, we have a new firewall at our company which is set to passive transfers only for better security.  Is there any way to bypass this, or to implement this feature to the manualsend utility in Muon?

-----------------------------
Be efficient!

Team www.it-academy.cc
www.it-academy.cc
wirthi [Free-DC]
2003-04-18 14:57:51
Hi,

if nothing else helps (perhaps you can bypass the firewall, but I have no clue how), install the client on a computer that can fully access the net (for example at home).  Then, transfer the result.txt from your office computer to that other computer, and send it in there.

Greets,
Wirthi
Stephen Brooks
2003-04-18 15:26:06
Well I think I tried putting PASV into the sending routine a whlie ago, but I find a comment I put in my code that says "PASV incompatible with some servers" and I commented out the command to make the connection passive.  Perhaps I could put a config.txt option for activating this if users need it?

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
CADkindaGUY
2003-04-18 19:27:38
It still won't help to have that "option" in there if the servers don't allow PASV connections though.  Now if only some accepted PASV then having 2 server.csvs would be a quick fix.  I know that my one of my ftps i have setup to allow PASV but the other 2 don't. It's all in how they are configured and what ftp server software you use.

Random thoughts,
CADkindaGUY
rsarkezi
2003-04-18 23:42:27
quote:
Originally posted by wirthi:
Hi,

if nothing else helps (perhaps you can bypass the firewall, but I have no clue how), install the client on a computer that can fully access the net (for example at home).  Then, transfer the result.txt from your office computer to that other computer, and send it in there.

Greets,
Wirthi

Hmm, can I send the results.txt with any other v4.31a-Client?  Doesn't it need also some other files?

Be efficient!

Team www.it-academy.cc
www.it-academy.cc
wirthi [Free-DC]
2003-04-19 05:04:51
quote:
Originally posted by rsarkezi:
Hmm, can I send the results.txt with any other v4.31a-Client?  Doesn't it need also some other files?

No, you only need to transfer the results.txt.  To be more precise, you'd only need to transfer the content of this file.  Just take a look at it with an editor.  Each result consists of two lines (one is so long that it is perhaps split into several lines by the editor, so take care).  You can transfer those results between different clients.

Still, the easiest way is still to upload the full results.txt at once.
rsarkezi
2003-04-19 08:35:34
Great!  So I can send the results files at home and send them with my Muon1 at home.  Thanks!

Be efficient!

Team www.it-academy.cc
www.it-academy.cc
Stephen Brooks
2003-04-19 13:13:58
quote:
Originally posted by CADkindaGUY:
It still won't help to have that "option" in there if the servers don't allow PASV connections though.

Not for that particular server, but many servers accept both types, so the sending routine's technique of retrying to many different destinations would eventually work.

rsarkezi
2003-04-20 00:24:03
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
quote:
Originally posted by CADkindaGUY:
It still won't help to have that "option" in there if the servers don't allow PASV connections though.

Not for that particular server, but many servers accept both types, so the sending routine's technique of retrying to many different destinations would eventually work.

That means that you will implement this feature??  (*please* Smile)

Be efficient!

Team www.it-academy.cc
www.it-academy.cc
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163394 accesses.