stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralSize of .sav file
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Herb[Romulus2]
2003-05-28 10:43:03
Just curious, have you ever watched the size of the *.sav files during a simulation.

Mine currently start around 2.2MB and get as far as 3.8MB during the simulation.  The bigger it grows, the better the final result.

Could that be used to abort a current simulation, if the growth rate isn't sufficient for a good result?

-------------------------------
I'd say more, but I can't reach the keyboard from the floor.
David
2003-05-28 11:54:30
It would be more direct to use the commandline client and guillotine poor performing simulations based on the particles remaining data you can get from that.
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-05-29 02:04:02
But then you'd have to watch the screen all the time.
I think what the TS wants, is to create a script/program that runs at the background and checks the file size of the *.sav file every X minutes.  When the file is not growing fast enough, the client is shut down and restarted.

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Herb[Romulus2]
2003-05-30 00:36:58
Yup, that's righ, the client could have some kind of a performance meter inside, that discards a lower level design whenever detected.  That would save a lot of wasted calculation time.

I'm watching several clients over a network, it could be also a feature to restart the client with a new data selection, by just remotely temporary presence of a file (RC5 clients used such a feature, but only to turn it completely off).

-------------------------------
I'd say more, but I can't reach the keyboard from the floor.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25164054 accesses.