stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralResults manipulation
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[AMD Users] Michal Hajicek
2003-06-07 15:21:06
As a programming exercise and for my use I just made simple results data util (filtering, merging).  But maybe someone will find it usefull, so here it is.  It's tested on Win2K, and it's good to have at least as much free memory as the size of results file I think.  You can contact me at mhajicek@volny.cz (bugs, comments, ideas).
2003-06-07 15:51:02
Pending moderation?  OK, it's here
Pollock[Romulus2]
2003-06-07 17:04:47
Nice work, Michal!  It worked flawlessly here.  Smile
It's absolutely perfect for my needs and will save a lot of manual editing.  I even tried to crash it by leaving spaces between results and removing a few lines of others.  It filtered them out perfectly.  Thanks

Unfortunately, I run Win 2k with lots of memory, not much help, but many others will be trying it out, I am sure.
Herb[Romulus2]
2003-06-08 01:11:47
Nice thingy Cool

It crashed under XPhome once with an index error (8xx) but the crash wasn't reproduceable.

The runs-filter is really handy Smile

-------------------------------
I'd say more, but I can't reach the keyboard from the floor.
2003-06-08 07:40:14
Thanks for comments.  Maybe I was too quick.  Now some bugs are fixed I hope.
changes
Herb[Romulus2]
2003-06-11 01:46:47
I've a problem to activate "Don't write results lower than"
It generates a zero size result file.

2003-06-11 08:16:44
It seems that everything works on my side.  I tried latest and some previous versions and also downloaded my own file from web, and also tried different filter combinations and also with Stephan202 bestxxx file (both file types).  So look if you didn't use too high limit.  If not, please try to reproduce the error and let me know what did you do exactly and send the source file (mail) if it's not too big.
Michal
Herb[Romulus2]
2003-06-11 09:40:23
I can't reproduce the behaviour at home, so it must have something to do with file access privileges.  At work I'm on NTFS at home on Fat32, else all is equal.
Hmmh, not completely, I'm missing 80 GB MP3 at work Big Grin Wink

I'll do some rechecks tomorrow on different boxes and from different locations.

Herb[Romulus2]
2003-06-12 10:06:49
It was reproducable everywhere now, also on my home box Confused

Take Stephan202 best 250, take my best recheckeddata and take your own results.txt or results.dat
Precondition, every file is in a different directory, the result file is in the same directory as the first one.  Any filtering function on the endresult works but the "lower than" Roll Eyes

Not a big deal as I can truncate the off manually, however it's strange that it produces a zero file then.

2003-06-12 14:00:48
Thanks very much.  It's a sorting bug.  When I wrote the prog, I didn't have results above 10%, so lines are stringsorted, so the bug appears when file contains results both above and below 10% (then 13 is sorted as below 2.0% ...).  I'll fix this ASAP.
Michal
2003-06-12 14:34:38
It's fixed now, so it will work for users with best yield > 10% too.
Herb[Romulus2]
2003-06-12 21:53:14
Works fine now Smile

I didn't understand the "diversity" function, but it showed some very interesting filtering results Big Grin

I compare those things with this nifty tool

Keep up the good work, thanks Cool

Stephen Brooks
2003-06-14 16:26:20
How does this newfangled 'moderation' feature work anyway?  Big Grin

[edit]Oh I see... Found the queue.  Your attachment should show up.[/edit]

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature #NAN°C
2003-06-15 02:43:35
Eek Thanks, but to tell the truth I hoped it will stay 'pending moderation' forever (how naive Roll Eyes), because I can't delete the attachment if there are replies to this message.  I was faster than my brain so posted the file itself (instead of a link only), which cannot be updated, so now it's possible that someone will download the first buggy version if he don't read the whole thread.  So, Stephen, please delete this attachment.  Thank you.
Michal
2003-06-15 11:53:26
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Thank you for the attachment change.  Much better tool than the first buggy version.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163618 accesses.