"total Mpts" Thread" /> "total Mpts" Thread" />
stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsThe official "hours since last.." -> "total Mpts" Thread
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-09-04 13:52:34
Stephen,

pls.  add my current "hours since last active " (2734749 Roll Eyes ) to my "total Mpts "?  Razz

Regards

Sledge Cool
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-09-04 14:53:46
LMAO Big Grin

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Stephen Brooks
2003-09-06 03:02:12
Ahh, there is something funny going on here I see... Smile

But look on this page: http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/v5.html?team=[AVE] ...there, your hours-since-last-active appears to be 0. On the old v4 stats page a lot of people have very-high (incorrect) values, though.

It doesn't make any sense: that's why they call it "virtual"
[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-09-08 12:40:30
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
Ahh, there is something funny going on here I see... Smile

It's a nice to have bug anyway.  But seems to be gone for now...

quote:
But look on this page: http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/v5.html?team=[AVE] ...there, your hours-since-last-active appears to be 0.

Hey, I got a feeling of working official Muon-Team-Stats while visiting the page Wink

BTW: My hours-since-last-active should always have a value of "0" or "1" at the
moment, except the internet is dead or my jobs are offline or yours... We will
have fun in future too Wink

Regards

Sledge Cool
Stephen Brooks
2003-09-09 12:22:57
Yeah, the stats script really was left completely half-done, with the very beginnings of usefulness apparent to the trained eye. 
My first week at work seems to have consisted mostly of carrying computers upstairs, taking faulty workstations apart and swapping Ethernet cards over.  I lost last week's work due to a HDD crashing that we'd already asked computer-support to replace 3 times before.  I have a dual Xeon 2.8GHz machine being delivered most likely tomorrow, which will be my permanent workstation for a while, so hopefully all bits of that will work...

[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-09-12 16:11:50
quote:
Yeah, the stats script really was left completely half-done, with the very beginnings of usefulness apparent to the trained eye. 

Yet another outstanding feature of your stats... or a feature of your outstanding stats?!?  *eg*

quote:
My first week at work seems to have consisted mostly of carrying computers upstairs... Ethernet cards ... HDD crashing... asked computer-support ...

Good luck Wink

quote:
I have a dual Xeon 2.8GHz machine being delivered most likely tomorrow, which will be
my permanent workstation for a while, so hopefully all bits of that will work....

What about using the "workstation" like a server instead of a workstation and the stats
should be clean Nothing else: Stats and muon on this machine.

What about "using this workstations idle time to simulate and design a particle accelerator" Razz

What about "[AVE] Stephen" or "[AVE] Parot" Wink Wink

So far... Wink

Sledge Cool Cool Cool

[This message was edited by [AVE] MrSledgeHammer on 2003-Sep-13 at 23:50.]
Stephen Brooks
2003-09-14 13:12:38
quote:
Originally posted by [AVE] MrSledgeHammer:
What about using the "workstation" like a server instead of a workstation and the stats
should be cleanWink Nothing else: Stats and muon on this machine.

I'd like to use the workstation for doing my programming work as well as running your stats Wink

Seriously though, it probably is a good idea for me to move the stats from this ageing P-II-400 over to a faster machine.  The main reasons that I've kept them on here so long is that (1) it works here, and I don't want to risk breaking the project unnecessarily; (2) probably more important, up until 2 weeks ago I had no permanent place of work, and it would have been complicated to persuade RAL to allocate a permanently-online computer to act as a server there for me.  Oh, and (3) I have access to this machine 7 days per week - if I moved it to work you might have to wait across weekends to get the stats repaired if they broke down.  The laboratory network is quite secure and I'm not sure if anything like VNC would be possible.

The reason I seldom run Muon _for the project_ on my work machine is that I'll usually be wanting to use those big GHz for testing out things like new versions and new optimisation scripts before I release them on everyone else.  Frequently I'll leave something running overnight just to make sure it's stable and not going to go immediately wrong, then pick up the results the next day.

So in a while, and after asking about permissions for running such a server on the lab network and about the sort of uptime/interruptions in service I'd be able to expect, I will burn the Muon database onto some CD-Rs and move it across onto that new machine.  It also has a 120GB HDD, which is better than this one's 20GB (upgraded from 4GB(!) at my own expense, mostly due to worries about the Muon database getting too large for that old HD, which it now almost has).

quote:
What about "using this workstations idle time to simulate and design a particle accelerator" Razz

If I'm stuck writing a report for a few days (or away on some overseas conference), rather than working on the code, I'll probably actually run my own project for a change.  Smile

quote:
What about "[AVE] Stephen"

I don't think the project administrator is meant to affiliate himself to one of the teams... Big Grin

quote:
or "[AVE] Parot" Wink Wink

And learn how to spell "Parrot" Cool

[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-09-15 06:14:25
quote:

quote:
or "[AVE] Parot" Wink Wink

And learn how to spell "Parrot" Cool

Eek Scheduled as prio 1 task!

Sledge Cool
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163626 accesses.