stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&AI apolgize if...
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
danawhitaker
2003-10-05 21:55:27
...this has been asked before.  I did a search and could not find anything about this problem, so I decided to go ahead and post here.

I just joined the forum.  Now, the first thing that I like to do when I first join a forum is mark everything read so that I can start fresh.  I did not see a direct option to do this, so I began reading through all the threads in the appropriate forums.  I have now read some of these threads four or five times, but no matter how many times I have read them, they do not show up as read, but show up as new.  This is after logging out and logging back in several times, as well as testing this in different browsers.

Is this a known issue, or some weird glitch on my end?  Is it something that will clear up after a set period of time, and I'm simply being too impatient?  I would absolutely love to be part of this forum, since I do run the Particle Accelerator project, but this is ultimately the type of thing that would make me consider not visiting (although I would keep running the project, of course).

Thanks in advance for your understanding and support.

Sammie

Quo Vadimus.
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-10-05 22:58:32
Big Grin

Eventually the posts will be marked as read.  You are just impatient Razz
I'm not sure about the amount of time before topics are marked read, it seems to vary Smile, but my guess is one or two hours.

Perhaps Stephen can tell us what the correct setting is?

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Stephen Brooks
2003-10-06 00:15:37
I have no idea about this - it's annoying, and appears to be a bug in UBB.x. Maybe I should raise it in their support forums and try to find out what's going on.
The way I get around it is to realise that the threads are sorted by date, so if you look at forums where the last post date is more recent than you last visited, then go down each one until you run out of fresh posts.  It works, but not a terribly elegant solution.

It doesn't make any sense: that's why they call it "virtual"
danawhitaker
2003-10-06 09:21:45
Thank you for the prompt responses.  I checked just after I woke up, and it does seem to have taken care of itself by now, which is great.  Not the most convenient solution, but since I probably won't be checking more than once or twice per day, it should work out fine.

I think I may have seen this glitch in the past with this same board system on one or two occasions, but it was so long ago that I had forgotten.

Sammie

Quo Vadimus.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161689 accesses.