stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&ANew Team Request
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
LinearB
2002-10-22 10:44:11
Hi Stephen, I'd like to start a new team.

Prefix will be [TP]

Team Name:- Team Picard
Web Page:- http://www.ninjamicros.com

Hopefully a few more will be joining the team wink

Stephen Brooks
2002-10-22 13:36:02
At least someone around here likes Star Trek (I have had discussions with Thomas King on this topic).  Anyway your stats are at http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/teamstats.php#[TP]

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
LinearB
2002-10-22 13:38:44
Thanks Stephen, much appreciated.

There's certainly a good few ST fans in the team but some of us are alright wink

[DPC] Jive
2002-10-22 16:26:54
They ain't the only ST fans ....

But i'm crunching for the Dutch Powah Cowzzzzzz ....
We are the Dutch Power Cowz.
Lower your firewalls and surrender your bandwidth. 
We will add your megabits and gigahertzes to our own. 
Your computer will adapt to service us. 
Resistance is futile.
LinearB
2002-10-22 23:33:08
The problem with being part of a Star Treked themed team is I got assimilation offers most days wink

I'm already part of Team Borg, for our own internal Seti Wacky Races and looking at the current stats Mr Jive sir I'll be assimilating you in a couple of days, (Your team will have to wait a bit longer though big grin )

Kirk Out.

[DPC] Jive
2002-10-23 03:05:52
You would like to assimilate me wouldn't u big grin
But uhm ....

Team Picard
Little ol ME

But i accept the challenge cool
LinearB
2002-10-23 10:35:28
Missed your liitle OGR dig wink

Not going to get in a mine's bigger than yours cause I'm bound to loose wink

I'm currently building a small cache to show my lot (OGR) who's boss but I'm not going to catch you in a hurry big grin

Mind you I think I'll catch you in DPAD a lot sooner wink

[DPC] Jive
2002-10-24 07:50:25
I only got 1 box running Muon .. and that's my gamebox at home running the cmd-client when i'm logged in.

The rest of my herd is steadily crunching OGR ... and will probly keep on doing that untill there is a background client which can be run as a service (nativly) and i can flush to a proxy (most are behind firewalls).

And off course i need to be 100% sure that the client won't cause problems (i tested dnetc for a couple of months on various machines at home & in my test-park before i assimilated my company completely).

Untill then this will stay a side-project for me and my main goal is to kick arse in the d-net competition.

But don't discount the DPC .. coz there are also alot of ppl with just a few machines .. who can handle the manual operation with ease and don't need to consider corporate stability & security.

What's the deal with those signatures ...
Do those numbers change each day by some program/tool ???
Looks quite cool.
mackerel
2002-10-24 14:39:31
*crunch* *crunch* *crunch* so many projects... so little CPU time...

Yup, the siggies are nice, provided by Jema also of TP.  http://www.marsjupiter.com/ smile

Little proggies known as borgs gather stats for various projects and updated every now and then in sigs.

LinearB
2002-10-25 00:18:22
The figures are updated every 10 minutes or so, although for projects like OGR this doesn't really matter as dnet only update once every 24 hours. 

Will be having a word with my friend Nanobot to see if we can get a DPAD Borg sorted out. 

The siggies are one of Team Picard / Team Ninja attractions they're not available for outsiders I'm afraid.  (although the Borgs themselves can be run by anybody)

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163491 accesses.