stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsSuggestion
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
kio
2002-09-04 09:59:34
hi,

i find the idea of the game funny.  smile

when i first visited the site, the single game was that fast, that i could hardly isert my coins.  but now... it's too slow.

suggestions to improve playability:
- try to limit a single player to 2 simultaneous games.
- limit no.  of different browsers per game to 3 or maybe 4. completing the game against active opponents becomes harder the more players (browsers) participate.
- only store the column (not col+row) in the submit message.  i believe you store both and ignore the command, if the place is already occupied.  but if 2 players nearly simultaneously insert a coin, one of them wonders where his coin is gone...
- offer automatic refresh if JS is enabled.  you can drastically reduce load if you load a short file with the current board data into a (invisible) frame and read this data with JS and replace images accordingly.

... kio !
Pascal
2002-09-04 10:12:34
Nice ideas you have.
But do enough people play?
I prefer games without any JS-stuff.

1: Athlon TB-C, 1.2 GC/s, 256 MB DDR-RAM, Erazor x², ADSL-Flatrate, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE Mainboard MSI-6380 Rev.  1
2: Pentium III, 600 MC/s, 256 MB RAM, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25168606 accesses.