stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsLost half my particles??
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
BOHICASETI
2003-12-12 09:48:51
Noticed this morning that my total particle count went from around 4.6 million particles down to 2 million particles.  Never seen this happen before and caused my placement to drop over 10 spots.  Please tell me this glitch is fixable, thanks.  Big Grin

Friends help friends move....
REAL friends help friends move dead bodies.
BOHICASETI
2003-12-14 09:23:17
Still wondering why I've lost over half of my total stats that I have generated for the Muon project.  Would love a fix or reply to the situation Wink

Herb[Romulus2]
2003-12-15 05:24:00
I noticed the same, dropped from #20 to #32 Frown
Some earlier 4.3 version results seem to have fallen off the table.

-------------------------------
I'd say more, but I can't reach the keyboard from the floor.
BOHICASETI
2003-12-15 09:11:36
Okay, let me get this straight.  I'm not going to get these back??  I can understand hiding users stats on the web page if they have been inactive for 1000 hours and then having thier stats show back up as soon as they become active again, but for me to lose over half of my total stats for an unknown reason is just absurd.  WHERE DID THEY GO?????  And why can't I get a simple answer to my question?  Am I being just totally ignored?  At this point I just want some acknowledgment that Stephen knows that this problem exsists ( either by a simple response to this thread to to the EMAIL that I had sent him ).  Is this problem going to be able to be fixed?  Or are the stats databases so vulnerable that random people at random times will have thousands of hours of work blinked out of existence for reasons unknown?  I'm all for helping out science and the greater good, but I would like to be able to at least point to some numbers on the screen and say "I did that". Where's my stuff?

Herb[Romulus2]
2003-12-15 10:20:42
Calm down, everything is still there, look here http://muon.dcstats.de/ it's always drawn from the current rawstats file Smile
Stephen may just have a glitch in his script for that first page stats.

-------------------------------
I'd say more, but I can't reach the keyboard from the floor.
BOHICASETI
2003-12-15 11:05:47
Thank you Herb for easing my stress level a bit there Smile. Finding over half my stats missing gave me the feeling of what you would find if you were walking upstairs and thought there was another step but there really wasn't and it causes your stomach to do one of those folding in on itself type things Razz. The main reason it jolted me was due to the fact that I havn't noticed any other users fall into the same glitch.  Good to know there's other stats pages floating about that are keeping tally as well.  Thanks again Big Grin

Stephen Brooks
2003-12-16 03:02:33
I've found the problem: it was just a glitch in my implementation of the "1000-hour rule". The script didn't count your old points for SolenoidsOnly because they were all submitted more than 1000 hours ago.  Now it works by most-recent date of all optimisations you participate in.

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
BOHICASETI
2003-12-16 08:13:48
Many thanks Stephen Smile, now I can stop taking high blood pressure medication and peel myself from the ceiling.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162848 accesses.