stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralCountry rankings by Muon Team
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2004-01-28 18:36:34
I was looking at the team stats just now and realised quite a few teams are named after countries.  And they rank like this: Big Grin

1. Germany (as in SETI Germany)
2. Netherlands (as in Dutch Power Cows)
3. Australia (as in Overclockers ~)
4. USA (as in -Distributed; you get the idea Razz )
5. Switzerland
6. Denmark
7. China
8. Russia

Of these, the top two or three have been doing this a while, whereas USA and China are relative newcomers, so you may see them climb up the field.

Just being a stats addict for a few minutes Smile

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
S-Vampire
2004-01-28 19:21:48
en... stats is interesting.  Smile
I am going to "catch" more Chinese DCer to join DPAD.  Big Grin

A high school boy from China.
Just Love DC(distributed computing)
[DPC]Stephan202
2004-01-29 09:46:07
Lol.  China should easily be able to win

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
S-Vampire
2004-01-29 19:43:25
quote:
Originally posted by [DPC]Stephan202:
Lol.  China should easily be able to win

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!

Big Grin
THX

A high school boy from China.
Just Love DC(distributed computing)
[OCAU] badger
2004-01-29 20:33:03
you should also calculate per captita stats, I reckon we Aussies would give you a run for your money...

www.BadgerMotorsport.tk Proudly sponsored by GRX-Computers
Stephen Brooks
2004-01-29 21:11:20








CountryTeam membersGptsGpts/member
Germany431298133019
Netherlands581136811960
Australia31448681447
USA25423081692
Switzerland112350214
Denmark122962296
China315351
Russia29246


...though really this is all meaningless because there are lots of people from country X who haven't joined that particular team, etc. Maybe on the website I could set up a form where users enter their location, CPU type, maybe some other stuff if I can think of it, and then generate stats on those groupings.

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
S-Vampire
2004-01-30 02:34:08
Stephen,
Can we do that(let you know users' location, CPU type...) in user.txt.

A high school boy from China.
Just Love DC(distributed computing)
Stephen Brooks
2004-01-30 09:39:21
It would be better to have me do it on the website because that way I wouldn't have to deal with renaming people to complicated names!  It would then be separate from the main database.

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
S-Vampire
2004-01-30 19:23:19
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
It would be better to have me do it on the website because that way I wouldn't have to deal with renaming people to complicated names!  It would then be separate from the main database.

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.

en...you are right.  Wink

A high school boy from China.
Just Love DC(distributed computing)
S-Vampire
2004-01-31 07:31:14
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:








CountryTeam membersGptsGpts/member
Germany431298133019
Netherlands581136811960
Australia31448681447
USA25423081692
Switzerland112350214
Denmark122962296
China315351
Russia29246


...though really this is all meaningless because there are lots of people from country X who haven't joined that particular team, etc. Maybe on the website I could set up a form where users enter their location, CPU type, maybe some other stuff if I can think of it, and then generate stats on those groupings.

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.

and now,China is 6 Big Grin

A high school boy from China.
Just Love DC(distributed computing)
Sir Avanor
2004-02-06 16:03:50
It'd be easy to prompt users for their nationality when they submit results, wouldn't it?

Or you could have a two-line user.txt where the first line is the name and the second line is the country.



He who liketh long words.

[This message was edited by Sir Avanor on 2004-Feb-07 at 0:15.]
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io

Site has had 17013227 accesses.