stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug Reportsnforce2 w/ onboard video - major video problems
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[TA]z
2004-02-23 08:50:14
each of my systems running on a WinFast K7NCR18GM mobo not in dual channel mode experiences some very scary video problems.  instantly after the program is loaded all sorts of warped things happen to the screen: diagonal lines, tearing, etc...

this problem does not occur when cpu load is 100% from other crunchers... I'm noticing the problem with just this project

-z
Stephen Brooks
2004-02-23 12:58:31
Have you tried different possible resolutions in the config.txt file?

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
[TA]z
2004-02-23 14:13:06
Hi Stephen,

I don't run graphical mode... solely command line and background

-z
Stephen Brooks
2004-02-24 01:13:12
quote:
Originally posted by [TA]z:
I don't run graphical mode... solely command line and background
Ah.  AFAIK those don't even touch the graphics subsystem of your computer.  Very interesting that it caused glitches on the entire screen (er, do you have a CPU/Northbridge temperature monitor you could use to check you're not overheating?).

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
[TA]z
2004-02-24 06:20:47
Definitely not overheating... The problem occurs the second the program is executed (obviously the cpu can heat up quickly, but not that quickly).  Plus I've been running it on one of the systems for over 24 hours straight now with the graphic glitches.  The system is stable as can be...
[TA]Confused
2004-02-24 07:20:07
Stephen,

I have been helping [TA]z out over on the Anandtech forums, and the error has been solved on some of the computers by enabling Dual Channel RAM.  Obviously, this isn't a viable solution for all systems, as that would require more hardware purchases (luckily [TA]z had some systems with 2x memory modules, but they weren't set up in Dual mode, but many only have one stick).

I suggested that this may be because of the shared memory architecture on the nForce2 motherboards, however other DC clients have not caused the same problems.

I just thought I'd add a little extra information to help out slightly Smile

Regards,

Garry

Join TeAm AnandTech DPAD!
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163213 accesses.