stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsTrial Type = Mallard
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Ripper
2004-03-04 13:22:31
I am not sure why, but I have three machines that crunching under DPAD and each of them has crashed when the system shows that the TrialType is Mallard.  IN each case, the system reports that there is a memory "read" error and the program halts.  In the case of cmdline, it shows the genomes being loaded and then halts.  In the case of running muon1.exe, the program just never comes up.  If it wasn't for the cmdline version, I wouldn't know what was going on.  Have NOT tried the background version, so have no idea what that result would be.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  If so, is there a workaround?  I know that my memory cards are not bad, not in three different computers.  Sorry, I wasn't smart enough to write the memory address during the errors.

In order to get going again, I have had to delete everything, including the results.dat file and start over.  Luckily for me, I build my own top 500 file.

Thanks for any assistance.

Iley A. Pullen

=============================
Solution Submission:

SELECT * FROM people WHERE clue > 0

Nexus
2004-03-04 17:18:38
According to the good Mr. Brooks, TrialType=Mallard is only supposed to come up when something has gone wrong.  I'm not exactly sure why this happens on some machines and not others (I have never had it happen), but in all probability this bug will be ironed out by the time the next version comes out.

Nexus of Free-DC
[DPC]Stephan202
2004-03-04 23:21:44
Afaik, It has already been fixed in the latest version.

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Stephen Brooks
2004-03-05 02:39:42
Yes, if you downloaded v4.34 before March, it's been changed so that bug is fixed.

By 2050 the UK government plans to phase out nuclear power and get 60% of its power from wind turbines.  Really, REALLY big wind turbines.
Ripper
2004-03-05 07:31:08
Okay.  Let me download again and see what happens.  Since i couldn't get it to work properly, I think I rolled the machines back to 4.33a, which was working fine.

Ripper
Solution Submission:

SELECT * FROM people WHERE clue > 0

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159000 accesses.