stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralMissing results...
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
amdxborg
2004-04-25 09:40:13
Some people from TA is missing results that was send in a while ago.[TA]Unforgiven's results showed up after a few days, but [TA]Christian Diepold and [TA]soni are still missing results.  The servers it was sent to was, stephenbrooks.org and intheory.ath.cx.

Any ideas?
Thanx
[TA]Soni
2004-04-25 13:06:44
My sendlog.log have this

20040423-063430 332 results sent to intheory.ath.cx

intheory.ath.cx is still down and have been almost since that time, still waiting for those results...
[TA]Dr_Napalm
2004-04-25 14:10:21
I also have missing results.  (20040424-074810 408 results sent to intheory.ath.cx) This was about 31 hours ago, still haven't showed up.
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-26 00:57:12
I sent the guy who runs that one an e-mail and he says it was just a temporary problem caused by his computer crashing.  It ought to be up when he gets around to fixing it, which he says will be soon.
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-04-26 04:32:54
But what about the results sent to your ftp server?  I sent them on the 23th to stephenbrooks.org (around 50.000 points) and they never showed up!  Any idea?

Thx borg for bringing that up!  Smile
ZeonX[OCAU]
2004-04-26 15:39:12
I have also got a small amount of points missing.  Name is ZeonX[OCAU] and sent about 2000 points yesterday, these were uploaded to my ftp and checking the logs stephen did download the work.  I would noticed if they were acounted for as it says i havn't sent in work for a long time and that would drop to a low number.
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-04-26 21:57:34
Stephen?
em99010pepe
2004-04-27 03:27:29
I have the same problem.  The name is [AMD Users]em99010pepe.

(20040426-205408 24 results sent to intheory.ath.cx)
amdxborg
2004-04-27 11:00:08
I've got results to send...but I'll wait till all this is sorted out...
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-04-27 11:57:58
I absolutly understand you borg.  I don't know why Stephen doesn't react to the question in here about his own ftp server Frown
ZeonX[OCAU]
2004-04-27 20:17:08
don't worry about my missing ones, It was from my websender uploading to a directory that you downloaded but wasn't done in the stats.  Why did you change the way the results upload?  You used to have consistancy until you changed to v4.3x.

No one was using my sender so it was only my stats this explains it for.
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-28 14:42:38
Ah, just uncovered this thread after being busy for a few days writing and then giving a new talk on the Neutrino Factory and so on.

I think what's happening is that the results are "getting through" OK and they are in fact stored in the stats database, but some of them aren't triggering recounts of those particular users' files.  It would be interesting to know if sending more results "unblocks" the statistics and gets them all counted again.  I'll do some comparisons between the datestamps and see what turns up.

[edit] Oh, and the v4.3x thing was actually designed to make the FTP servermaster's job easier Roll Eyes since the result format probably wouldn't change between minor versions, I decided to group them together to make fewer directories to manage (as a few people have to configure the permissions by hand).
ZeonX[OCAU]
2004-04-28 17:42:12
Stephen doesn't your stats generator only look in directories you have specified?

I think you downloaded some stuff into a folder v4.34 but you don't check that one.
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-04-29 00:33:38
Well, I just send some more results today but apparently they did not trigger what u had in mind Stephen!!  I'm still some 50.000 short that were sent to your ftp server!
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-29 04:40:54
quote:
Originally posted by ZeonX[OCAU]:
Stephen doesn't your stats generator only look in directories you have specified?
I think you downloaded some stuff into a folder v4.34 but you don't check that one. 
Actually, the only server with the v4.34 directory in it is yours, and the only person who appears to have uploaded results to that folder is you!  v4.34 uploaded results to folder v4.3x.

quote:
Well, I just send some more results today but apparently they did not trigger what u had in mind Stephen!!  I'm still some 50.000 short that were sent to your ftp server! 
OK, well the situation is a little better now since I'm running on the newly-compiled code, and I've got the checksummer to alert me every time it is about to delete something, so I can make sure it's not misreading people's results and deleting valid ones.
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-29 04:59:27
quote:
Originally posted by [TA]BlackMountainCow:
Did the new results get counted?  I've looked on my FTP server and nothing's got left on there.
ZeonX[OCAU]
2004-04-29 16:40:10
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
quote:
Originally posted by ZeonX[OCAU]:
Actually, the only server with the v4.34 directory in it is yours, and the only person who appears to have uploaded results to that folder is you!  v4.34 uploaded results to folder v4.3x.

Hahaha yeah i actully said that in another post up a bit more, It was my websender that sends through http and put it in my ftp for you to download and thats why i asked about the v4.3x dir as my program goes on the version in the file because that is what it used to be like.  I checked the logs and only I uploaded v4.34 results using it, I have now changed it so v4.34 results now go to the v4.3x folder.  I am saying this because you got rid of the consistancy in the upload file structor.  Maybe you should check every folder that starts with a v or something instead of making it only check folders you know results are going to be in, or should i say expect results to be in. 

I feel the ftp uploads are good, it works for most but maybe you should change the way uploads are put on there, maybe one big directory for any results, you even have a setting to call a third-party results uploader now so maybe some documentation or rules to make sure results are put where they are ment to be put. 

Just my opinion and suggestions on this topic.

Matt
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-04-29 23:53:54
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
quote:
Did the new results get counted?  I've looked on my FTP server and nothing's got left on there. 

Yeah, they counted like one hour after I sent them!  If you got nothing left on your FTP, does that mean that my 50.000 are gone forever?
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-30 07:10:13
ZeonX, I changed the directory convention to actually reduce the number of those folders we'd have to worry about.  The new rule is that it'll be 2 decimal places of the version number with v in front and an x behind.

I suspect the "50`000 points" dump has somehow got lost, but you could always re-send the relevant part of your results.dat.  There is also the possibility that it went onto intheory.ath.cx, which I've just been told hasn't been able to release results for a week because it no longer accepts passive FTP connections (?) anyway I'm looking into that so a few of these "missing" ones might reappear soon (or when that guy fixes his server).
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-04-30 12:17:07
Stephen, is it much of a problem if I send way more than just the relevant part of my results.dat file, as I just don't know which part of it is the relevant part, as this machine has produced lots of results since that thing happened. 

But I guess that the internal duplicate checker will delete the doubled results anyways, right?!
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-30 14:11:07
Yes, I mean don't send more than a couple of MB if you're unsure, but otherwise the things should be removed.
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-05-01 08:54:48
K man, I just sent some part of my results.dat which I guess should contain those missing 50.000 ... we'll see!
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-05-02 05:36:59
How long does it take till the dupe checker filters the doubled results??
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-05-03 02:01:39
We got another guy ([TA]CyGoR) that is missing results that were send to your server Stephen.  It were 93 results, around 25k points.  What's up with all that??
[TA]BlackMountainCow
2004-05-03 11:47:30
Mad
Stephen Brooks
2004-05-04 06:35:33
quote:
We got another guy ([TA]CyGoR) that is missing results that were send to your server Stephen.  It were 93 results, around 25k points.  What's up with all that?? 
Well it helps when the stats counter is actually running.  It crashed over the weekend due to a memory leak, which I fixed this morning, so the stats are back up now.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25168031 accesses.