stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralUnanswered Questions
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
tenfiveoh
2004-05-20 13:45:14
I was one that lost over 700,000 MPT's worth of 4.3x stats.  I'm still not clear on what 3rd party site I can find my old stats to report it for a "reimbursement".
More importantly I'm not clear if this just means the stats for web page display are lost or the actual results I turned in.
I can live with looking like I turned in 0, but would be pretty upset if I really had wasted those cycles.
Stephen Brooks
2004-05-21 08:47:17
Sorry, but the results really were lost, otherwise I would have been able to re-count them.

The trouble is, when there is a bug with the checksum routine, it starts treating normal results as cheated ones, and the way it dealt with them before was to delete them.  Fortunately I managed to catch it before it deleted any more than 5% of the results.  Now there's at least a sort of 'safety net' in whereby it takes backups of files that reduce drastically in size, but I only put that in after this last problem.

There are a couple of 3rd-party muon stats sites around that do time-series plots of your Mpts score, i.e. daily changes.  If you ask around on this forum you'll find people who can tell you where those are and find your graph for the last few weeks.  Then if you show it to me I'll add the downward jump back onto your score.

Incidentally, even deleted results aren't necessarily wasted, because if you found a new high-ish muon transfer during that period, it's likely the samplefiles mechanism will have distributed that onto other users in the network.
nukefarmer
2004-05-21 09:52:37
here are your stats as recorded on the Team Anandtech stats site.
tenfiveoh
2004-05-21 13:03:52
Here's a link to my "stats" with many thanks to Nukefarmer:

http://12.3.177.174:6969/dpad/individual_stats_history.php?UserId=tenfiveoh&t=AllTime

It's a shame to have lost so much CPU time.  I take turns with other projects, so it was also time taken away from them.  Although I do understand that's just the way it goes sometimes.
slayre
2004-05-21 15:02:47
Here is mine as well.  Thanks Stephen.

http://12.3.177.174:6969/dpad/individual_stats_history.php?UserId=slayre&t=AllTime
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161369 accesses.