stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralResults viewer tool
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[SG] Herb
2004-06-09 06:13:13
Hello to all,

last weekend I started to create a little viewer tool for muon results files.
After finishing, I thought it could be useful to some more people of the DPAD community.

For this reason I added a documentation and created a small tool web page, from where everybody may download the viewer.

Regards, Herb
Stephen Brooks
2004-06-09 06:46:49
Very good, can I add this to the list of Utilities on the main page (saying it's by [SG]Herb of course).
[SG] Herb
2004-06-09 08:10:47
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
Very good, can I add this to the list of Utilities on the main page (saying it's by [SG]Herb of course). 
Yes, place a link where you find it suitable.  Forum topics tend to disappear after some time Smile Regards Herb
BOHICASETI
2004-06-09 08:16:07
Nice work Herb.  I like it.  Big Grin
Herb[Romulus2]
2004-06-09 10:12:27
Error in: Main; 09.06.2004 19:05:51
ERROR DETAILS
Form: Main
Module: AnalyzeResultFile
Desc: Overflow
Client: Muon Result Viewer
Code: 6
Prog: 1.00 Build 01, Jun.  10, 2004

I think it didn't expect a 0 bytes results.txt in its start directory Big Grin

Nice for picking up dedicated results from a bunch of crap, saves an extra editor loop when working with zeonX Muoncalculator. 

Good work Smile
[SG] Herb
2004-06-09 15:17:41
quote:
Originally posted by Herb[Romulus2]:
I think it didn't expect a 0 bytes results.txt in its start directory Big Grin
Thank you for this hint.  I don't know if a 0 kB results file is valid under normal operation, but the viewer should be able to handle such a condition properly.  Regards, Herb
Herb[Romulus2]
2004-06-09 21:30:25
No, you're right it's not normal, it was a left over from a cut and paste operation Wink
AySz88
2004-06-10 20:14:38
Good program - found a bug though... When ordering by muon %, it doesn't consider negative/positive (i.e it sorts -0.5 as larger than 0.4).
[AMD Users] Michal Hajicek
2004-06-11 05:07:51
OK.  One question for the community.  I need to know whether I should spend some time to keep my tool updated or not.  So if anybody uses it, just tell me.
Michal
Herb[Romulus2]
2004-06-11 07:57:12
I use it every day Michal Big Grin

It has the same little sorting bug as [SG]Herb's tool.  It's a string sort so far, not a numerical sort.  The nag will disappear when we leave negative numbers behind us anyway Wink
[SG] Herb
2004-06-11 09:51:47
quote:
Originally posted by AySz88:
Good program - found a bug though... When ordering by muon %, it doesn't consider negative/positive (i.e it sorts -0.5 as larger than 0.4). 
This one and the 0 kB results.txt file bug are both fixed.  The updated program version 1.12 is available on the MRV homepage from now on.  Regards, Herb
Pollock[Romulus2]
2004-06-11 23:40:03
quote:
Originally posted by [AMD Users] Michal Hajicek:
OK.  One question for the community.  I need to know whether I should spend some time to keep my tool updated or not.  So if anybody uses it, just tell me.
Michal


I also use your utility regularly.  Nothing else does the job as well.  It is particularly useful for seperating the chicane and phaserot results so they are much easier to manage.
The positive/negative bug was a problem earlier, but we have passed the point where negative reults are useful, so it's not an issue now.  Your work is definitely appreciated.  Smile

[SG]Herb
That is a handy little utility.  You have done a very thorough job.  Smile
Would it be possible to have a larger GUI? 
The "Plain Results" window is can be a little too small to work with at times.
[SG] Herb
2004-06-12 01:59:52
quote:
Originally posted by Pollock[Romulus2]:
[SG]Herb
Would it be possible to have a larger GUI? 
The "Plain Results" window is can be a little too small to work with at times. 
Hello, it's nice to hear you find the tool useful.  Of course, this (and much more Smile) will be possible.  For the next time, I will collect all GUI related or 'nice to have' hints (from this board or sent by email) to get a picture what should be realized in one of the next versions.  However, bugs will be fixed asap.  Regards, Herb
[TA]MarkP
2004-07-14 17:42:39
It's a nice compact tool, I use it here also!  Smile

The one request that I would have for it though would be the ability to maximize the window.

Mark
[SG] Herb
2004-07-20 10:00:58
quote:
Originally posted by [TA]MarkP:
It's a nice compact tool, I use it here also!  Smile

The one request that I would have for it though would be the ability to maximize the window.

Mark


Hello,

this is now available in the new MRV version 1.14.
Not real maximizing, but vertical resizing, which resizes the results list also:


Wink

Regards, Herb
[TA]MarkP
2004-07-21 18:16:24
Sweet!  Smile

Thanks!
Herb[Romulus2]
2004-07-21 23:34:44
Quote from the d/l page:
Sie dürfen die Datei nicht downloaden!
Anforderung von: http://www.v8.franken.de/Muon/MRV.htm
[SG] Herb
2004-07-22 09:45:19
quote:
Originally posted by Herb[Romulus2]:
Quote from the d/l page:
Sie dürfen die Datei nicht downloaden!
Anforderung von: http://www.v8.franken.de/Muon/MRV.htm


If this message appeares, please try again after some minutes.  This is a bug in the 3rd party download counter, which I saw also, but download was possible again after 10 minutes. 

Regards, Herb
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io

Site has had 17019681 accesses.