stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralMuon Cockpit Users
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
HaloJones
2004-10-12 03:52:13
I'm finding this incredibly slow when checking the status of other PCs' clients.  Since the results.dat has grown (still only around a meg for each client, refreshing the status takes tens of minutes.

is this just me or does anyone else have this problem?
[SG] Herb
2004-10-12 13:50:25
quote:
Originally posted by HaloJones:
... refreshing the status takes tens of minutes. 

Hi,
this is far away from any normal behaviour and it could be a hardware/environment problem.

My largest *.dat file is more than 16GB and refreshing this one takes exactly 11 seconds from refresh command until the list is shown in Client Detail.
Both machines are connected via 100MBit network using a 3Com Switch.
The Cockpit machine runs win2k on an ASUS A7V/133 using an AMD XP2400+ (real 2000MHz).

This is my experience.  May be, some other people can contribute more data.

Regards,
Herb
HaloJones
2004-10-13 04:17:53
quote:
Originally posted by [SG] Herb:
Hi,
this is far away from any normal behaviour and it could be a hardware/environment problem.

Regards,
Herb

Herb,

This has happened since I took the two sample results.dat files and merged them.  I have just removed that file from each of the clients and it is back to superquick.  I am at a loss to explain why a .dat file of less than a megabyte should cause such behaviour?
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162915 accesses.