stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralMost important calculation?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
UnderTitan
2004-10-15 19:32:10
Stephen.

It's understood that each part's optimisation is important, or it wouldn't be included in the calculations, however, it seems that one part will likely have more of an impact on the project.

Since I'm using a slower computer for now, I'd like to focus on a single calculation to make better use of the limited capacity.

Kitsura mentioned something about certain calculations being 'left behind' because of the reduced speed of their calculations, thus potentially limiting the evolution of the optimisation.

That thought led me to this question: Since I have a slower computer, which calculation should Ifocus on?

Please advise.
kitsura
2004-10-15 22:13:11
Hi, you might want to refer to Stephen's replies in this thread for more information regarding the evolution. 

As for which calculation to use.  All I can tell you is information posted in the website: ChicaneLinacA, which is the continuation of the chicane design explored in versions 4.2x. PhaseRotA, which includes the next stage of an alternative design intended to lead into a cooling ring later on.

I would say both calculations are important as they both deal with different designs.
Stephen Brooks
2004-10-16 08:37:07
...except it's PhaseRotB and ChicaneLinacB right now, as the "A" ones had an error in them.

I don't think you need any special configuration for a slow computer, though you might want to send manually at about 20KB instead of the 100KB so it doesn't take so long.  There's not much difference between the lattices right now - I've put both in because I want the computers to work on both.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163622 accesses.