stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralResult rejected because of bad checksum. :(
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[DPC]_TheBorg
2005-01-18 08:45:03
Few days ago I downloaded the sample result files for PhaseRotB and ChicaneLinacB90. I also downloaded the ChicaneLinacB90 Lattice file (never used that one before) and moved the old ChicaneLinac Lattice file to a backup directory.  While I did this the client was disabled.

Now here is the problem:
I had an 8MB results file with some very nice results.  Today I send back the results but I got the error "Result rejected because of bad checksum" a couple of hundred times.  I think they got corrupted because of the above procedure, however, is there any way I can save the results or are they lost and unusable?  (I backed up my results.txt file when I noticed the corrupted bla bla message).
[DPC]_TheBorg
2005-01-18 08:48:28
Additional info: I used Notepad to merge all the .dat files, but I don't think I made any mistakes with CR or LF etc.
Stephen Brooks
2005-01-18 09:27:02
Maybe it was just the sample results that had a bad checksum?  (I think they have no checksums, actually, to prevent them getting uploaded as if they were new results).
[DPC]_TheBorg
2005-01-18 09:43:39
My stats don't update.  Looks like around 250.000 Mpts is lost.  Frown
Stephen Brooks
2005-01-18 09:45:30
Oh - I've just remembered - you should have had the old ChicaneLinacB in the lattices directory when you uploaded, otherwise the program won't have anything to validate the checksum against!  Put it back and try sending again.
[DPC]_TheBorg
2005-01-18 11:09:42
Thanks Stephan.  Looks like some (but not all) results got in.
HaloJones
2005-01-20 08:04:54
Is the old file available for download anywhere as the same thing happened to me.  I still have the old results file somewhere.
Stephen Brooks
2005-01-20 08:06:46
Here:

[edit] What version are you all using?  I thought I'd sorted out the rejection of results for non-existant lattices a while ago?
HaloJones
2005-01-20 08:47:40
For me I think this came from harvesting results from 4.41e non-connected machines and uploading on one that had auto-updated to not have the ChicaneLinacB lattice.  At least that's my guess.  I kept the original results file that had caused so many bad checksums so you can have a look if you want?

I've copied your lattice file for the ChicanelinacB results so I'll try uploading them to see if they go this time.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162849 accesses.