stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Generalhuge results.dat file...possible solution?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
daedalus
2005-02-21 18:47:03
my results.dat file is freakin HUGE (12+mb) so i was wondering if i could WIPE this file and just paste in my results.txt along with the two 100-results sample files....or would i be losing way too much info?  also i downloaded the MRV result viewer prog and when i pull up results.dat it has over 1000 results that pull up 0's for all the values except "No." does this mean ive screwed up my results.dat file somewhere in the process of trying to update it?  maybe i do need to start over with a fresh results.dat....i have no clue guys help me out!
daedalus
2005-02-21 18:51:47
also i just started getting this error message...
[WARNING] Record rejected due to bad checksum: was {582BA3A74976D2284C724335}
Continue (Y/N/These/All)?  Y
what did i do THIS time?  dear jesus ive been running this thing for freakin ever and this is the first time ive ever had any problems
HaloJones
2005-02-22 07:44:08
The results.dat can be changed any time you like.  Either take the one from the machine with the best results (assuming you have more than one machine) or by downloading the sample files.

Personally I prefer to let the machines see where they take themselves.  "You never know what you're gonna get."

As for your checksum errors, the only time I ever saw that was when trying to upload results from ChicaneB when the lattice had been replaced with the ChicaneB90 lattice.  (I think that's the right terminology.)
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25324816 accesses.