stephenbrooks.orgForumTalkMallardsThe Guys from MSN
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-07-12 06:19:56
http://stephenbrooks.org/odd/guys_from_msn.html

Actually maybe I should remove that page before MS take me to court for something or the other...

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2002-Jul-14 at 14:20.]
nepuamun
2002-07-19 01:09:42
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... i went through all the trouble in registering just to tell you that that post was HYSTERICAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and yes, they'll probably sue you !!!!!!

A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself.
Lord Groundhog
2002-07-19 03:32:36
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
http://stephenbrooks.org/odd/guys_from_msn.html

Actually maybe I should remove that page before MS take me to court for something or the other...

[/QU OTE]

Not that it matters, but as I understand it, your page constitutes "common abuse" rather than "defamation". That means it's legal although it might be offensive to them (if they ever see it, which is unlikely).  You could even go so far as to portray one of the odd guys as having an uncanny resemblance (why are strong resemblances so often described as "uncanny"?  hmmm...) to Bill Gates, and it would not be actionable as far as I can see. 

Now if you're looking to provoke a response, you could try po rtraying one of them as Dubya making an idiot of himself -- oh no, that would just be another news report, and BORING. 

But you could make one of them Dubya, and another Bin Laden, and create a satirical little story-board about their mutual admiration s ociety.  They could send each other Semtex valentine's day cards and the like.  At the end, Bin Laden could be 'unmasked' and revealed to be Dubya's brother, Jeb, and Dubya could be quoted as saying, "Best practical joke we ever played, huh Jeb?" as they wa lk off into the sunset slapping each other's backs. 

-- peace.  LG
n
Lord Groundhog
2002-07-19 03:38:30
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Groundhog:

-- peace.  LG
n

BTW, did you know that for some reason, your board adds random letters or spaces to my posting?  Seems to be at the end of my signature, but also I get spaces elsewhere.  I try removing it by updating, and it adds another one (see above for example).  Why is that?

-- peace.  LG
Stephen Brooks
2002-07-19 07:32:38
n

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"

--[Not that it matters, but as I understand it, your page constitutes "common abuse" rather than "defamation".]--

I was wondering why there were so many "Microsoft-abusing" sites that had not been charged for anything.  I guess "abuse" comes under "free speech", whereas if I tried to make any claims about MS as fact (e.g. if I said there was a leaked e-mail saying something), it might be treated more seriously...

--[BTW, did you know that for some reason, your board adds random letters or spaces to my posting?  Seems to be at the end of my signature, but also I get spaces elsewhere.  I try removing it by updating, and it adds another one (see above for example).  Why is that?]--

The only other person who has complained about that is Dickon Prior.  Are you using Netscape by any chance?
Pascal
2002-08-09 11:39:24
Perhaps it was a Microsoft's employee that shut the cat into the wardrobe..

2005-02-28 09:31:10
hey guy come and talk to me some time chrissykrill@hotmail.com
christina
2005-02-28 09:32:43
Roll Eyes hey all coll people Eek
christina rocks
2005-02-28 09:47:11
hey I am newhere wanna chat?
quote:
Originally posted by nepuamun:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... i went through all the trouble in registering just to tell you that that post was HYSTERICAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and yes, they'll probably sue you !!!!!!

A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself. 
christina rocks
2005-02-28 09:49:37
g2g
[DPC]Stephan202
2005-02-28 16:15:21
Wow.  Seldom seen such a speedy reply.  Razz

(I'm too lazy to read what this thread is actually about.)
Stephen Brooks
2006-02-25 15:10:47
Her profile is just funny.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25099719 accesses.